1024x720 vs 1024x576

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Fernando Saa, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Fernando Saa

Fernando Saa Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking around to buy my first projector, and been thinking of giving the Infocus 4805 a try since I hear excellent things about it for the money. But I think about resolution too since I'd be seating about 10 1/2 feet from a 90 inch diagonal screen. It'll be used primarily for DVD viewing, and sporadic HDTV (don't know how HDTV would look on the 4805 though). My question is how these two resolutions (720p vs 576p) compare. I'd love to get the new Panasonic 700, but I hear excellent opinions on the Mitsubishi HC 900U even though is about $1000 more. I don't mind if it's DLP of LCD anymore. Resolution could be a key element here. On the other hand if the 4805 can handle my distance/screen combination then a higher resolution would have to wait 'till HDTV is really here.
    Your opinions again are much appreciated. Thanks

2. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

720p is HD, while 576p is not.
    I'd go with the 4805. I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
    For the $$, it's really a great pj.
    Vb

3. Fernando Saa

Fernando Saa Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, SimiA, but what about pixelation from my distance to the screen?, isn't a 90" diag screen too big for the distance?

4. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

Unless the source material is poor, you should be fine at your distance for that size screen.
    If you're watching a good transfer on DVD or an HD signal,I think you'll be impressed.
    The poorer the quality of the signal, and with that size screen, any artifacting will be magnified
    Vb