1015 arrived at Best Buy

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tu Pham, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Tu Pham

Tu Pham Auditioning

Three of the new Pioneer 1015 came on the truck tonight. They retail at $499 a piece, which I think is a real bargain. However, I heard employees can get it for around $315.

2. CarlosGH

CarlosGH Stunt Coordinator

Damn that's cheaper than the 1014 at employee price! To bad the reciever is service and not junk out.

3. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

I'm sorry, but is this Best Buy employee talk, or what? What does it mean when something is "service and not junk out"????

I'm lost.

4. LuckyB

LuckyB Agent

Can I get one with employee discount?

5. CarlosGH

yah it is. It means that the item if you bought a service plan must be sent to the BB service center to be fixed. If the item is junk out you simply bring it in with a problem and they replace it or give credit. Only BB employees can get the discount and they do track all purchases. I heard of some one being fired because the found out he bought alot of items, some multiples.

6. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

Hey I have a busted sony str-de595 under BB warranty, Ive been to lazy to bring it in. Do you think they'd fix it or junk it. Just curious.

7. CarlosGH

I think that it is service, but if you hint at it they might just give you credit. Almost all AVRs are service. DVD players are all junkout, even my $400 Sony DVD changer is junkout. Ask to speak with a manager and ask what the going repair time is. If the time is real long, and you catch a manager at a good time then he might allow it. Its best to go on Mondays after lunch when the managers have little complaints and little to do.

8. CarlosGH

All TVs and almost all recievers are servicable. Speakers and DVD players are all junkout. It depends on a number of factors: the manager on duty, the ignorance of customer service, and the severity of the problem. If you "guess" its the power supply then they might just send it out for the hell of it, but if you give a long winded explanation and use complex A/V language they might just give store credit.