What's new

1014tx vs. htr5760 (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Ok now i've narrowed my search down to either the Pioneer 1014tx or the Yamaha HTR-5760. I want the Pioneer receiver but there are no stores in my area that carry them for less than 800$ canadian.
Just wondering is it worth it for me to wait until i can find the 1014tx? I've heard very good things from the Yamaha but the Pioneer is the best bang for the buck.

My setup will basically be:
4 Athena AS-B2's
2 Athena AS-F2's
no sub until i save up a bit more.
Thanks for any input.

Also second question would be what gauge speaker wire would you guys reccomend with these speakers matched to either of those receivers

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
I'm running the Yamaha 5760 with Athena: AS-C1's(LCR), AS-B1's(surrounds) and a AS-P400(sub).

My buddy has the Pioneer 1014 with Athena: AS-B1's(L-R & surrounds), AS-C1(center) and AS-P400(sub).

Both systems sound great. As for the 1014 "sounding far better" than the Yamaha, well that is simply not true.

He had his system 1st, and I heard the 1014 well before I ended up with the 5760. I went with the 5760 because of the sound/features.

I didn't buy the Pioneer because I think it's as ugly as the night is long! Thats my honest opinion. The Pioneer sounds great, but for me that wasn't enough.

They both sound great, and in a blind test of just the 2 receivers, you would be lucky to "guess" which one was playing. 50/50 if you were lucky.

Darryl

p.s.

Mike: I have #12awg wire to all my speakers (minus sub). I would think #14awg would be the minimum. But I'm an electrical contractor so I tend to think big!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Darryl,

You've made some good points. I had the Yamaha 5760 before my Pioneer Elite 54TX. There are both good points and bad points with each receiver. Of course I'm going to say the 54TX is the better receiver between the two, but the 54TX also costs a little more than 2x the cost, too. However, the 5760 can hold its own and at $330, it's a tremendous bargain.

Nigel Hooper

Stunt Coordinator
SQ which is all that matters to me is vastly better than the 5760. It's not even close. The 1014 gets the timbre and soundstaging much better than does the Yamaha. Yes I extensively compared the 1400 and the 1014 and the difference was not small.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I think the 5760 sounds great. And I also disagree that the 1014 is superior. But to each his own.

MikeGee

Second Unit
For now i'm just going to keep waiting until i can find the 1014 around here for a decent price. Unless i find the 5760 for sale somewhere else. I'm not a crazy picky audio nut. It's better than running all my athena speakers through a 10x2 old old receiver i have. They are begging to be used properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks