What's new

1014 Impedance Switch (1 Viewer)

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what the 8 ohm/6 ohm impedance switch does electrically? Does it limit output power or does it present a different load to the output stages--or both?
I haven't used it to switch to 6 ohms with my Infinity Quantum II's as the main speaker and have not had problems with this or the Pioneer 810 that preceeded the 1014.

Does anyone else find the manual use of the MACC confusing? It is easy to set up in auto mode with the microphone and easy to manipulate these settings if you want. But, to copy these auto settings to the Custom 1/2 menu and modify them to your taste is a little confusing to me.

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I haven't done any manual MCACC settings for the same reason. Then again, I still find 99% of the time my setup sounds better with MCACC off. Your milage may vary.

Regarding the selectable 8ohm vs 6ohm, I'm also curious. My speakers are all 6ohm nominal (Dahlquist QX8A/QX6A/QX60CA) but a buddy recommended I leave it in 8ohm mode; he said most receiver will limit the output current if you put them in 6ohm mode to prevent overheating... he said it can reduce the dynamics of the output. I'm not sure what the best choice is--does anyone have any info on this? Opions? Experimentation you've done?

Thanks,
Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks