1014 Hookup problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Keith RS, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Keith RS

Keith RS Auditioning

Hooked up my dad's new 1014 last night. However, I can't get any video on the television screen. I think I'm missing something, but don't know what it is. I hooked the monitor out using coponent cables to the input on the rear of the TV. Have cable in on HD cable box connected via coax from wall. Component video out from box to video in on 1014, audio out from cabel box to in on 1014. I can get audio output, but no video. I didn't have time to verify video output via DVD play. What am I missing?

Thanks

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Keith,
    Have you gone into your setup menu and assigned the component input to the correct source? If you want the TV/SAT source to be your HD cable, you need to set component input #1 (if thats what you're using) to TV/SAT in the setup menu.

3. Keith RS

Keith RS Auditioning

I did not go into setup mode. Will I be able to see the OSD if I cannot get video on the TV screen?

4. John S

John S Producer

Try all video type/level hookups from the 1014 to your display.. I don't have my 1014 yet, any day though, I ordered last week.

5. Keith RS

Keith RS Auditioning

I don't have the manual at my office with me. But, it states something to the effect that if you use component video output, you must use component video input. That is what I used. Another issue I have is the DVD is connected via optical cable. Since I am using component cable output, will this confict? These are all questions I'm sure there are simple asnwers to. However, haven't had time to investigate fully.

Thanks

6. John S

John S Producer

If you can't see the OSD, hook up all the connections and find one that you can see it. I'll bet once you do that, everything starts to become very normal and intuitive for you was my only point.

It does seem right now, the heart of the issue is the fact you can't see the OSD from the AVR.

7. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

You need to make sure your component in on your TV is set to 480i (or 1080i) in order to see the OSD. Will not work with 480P

Then, read the manual and assign the inputs properly.

8. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

You don't need to use the OSD in order to do the set up, it is easier with the OSD, but using the display on the 1014 works fine too.

9. Keith RS

Keith RS Auditioning

Good News! The problem was assigning component inputs. After I got the assignments done, everything fell into place. It sounds great. I will do the surround speaker installation this weekend. And, after that, run MCACC. I'm sure that will only add to performance. Thanks for all the help!

10. Heath_E

Heath_E Stunt Coordinator

nm