What's new

100's of hits daily to see my DIY HT (1 Viewer)

paul larson

Auditioning
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post. I have spent many many months building my 13X24X9 Home Theater. I have finally completed it and built a web site around it called Home Theater and Recording Studio Page.
I would be grateful if you could visit and tell me what you think. Sign my guest book if you can.
Thanks for a great Forum.
Paul
------------------
Paul Larson
www.paul-larson.com

Paul_C

Stunt Coordinator
Hello and welcome to the club.
Wow, I hope my future home theater looks half as good.
smile.gif

I like the leather recliner. Very nice.
Paul

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Nicely done, Paul. Welcome to the club.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

paul larson

Auditioning
Thanks Gentlemen. I am glad you liked reviewing my site. Thanks for the comment on the Sofas. Just got those in and they are perfect.
All the best.
Paul
------------------
Paul Larson
www.paul-larson.com

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I kind of feel like you're one of the good old boys now
smile.gif
Anyway, as mentioned before, your DIY HT is very nicely done. Once I move, I will be able to do what you have done, eventually.
smile.gif

paul larson

Auditioning
Neil,
You are very kind. Thank you for making me feel so welcomed. Looking forward to be a member...and hopefully some day one of the "good ole guys" like yourself.
Paul

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Paul,
That's one damn nice theater! I'm very impressed! We're practically neighbors. Wonder if I could stop by for a demo sometime...?
Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that I had the chance to stop by Paul's place on Saturday to experience his home theater setup! I was EXTREMELY impressed with the amount of detail he put into the entire setup! One push of a button and the lights dimmed and the movie started!
I was very impressed with the sound as well! I was a bit leary of the JBL speakers but they were much better than expected. We both talked about this openly and it seems that he initially had the same reservations. I'm assuming having been a professional musician (he told us he toured with Alice Cooper in the 80's! You'd never know it now!) that Paul wasn't very impressed with JBL in the past.
Of course, the Sanyo projector was very nice along with the Stewart Greyhawk screen! If I had any reservations at all I'd probably say it was the fan on the Sanyo. It was a little noisy on quiter passages but not overly distracting. And during the lightsaber scene from TPM I didn't notice any fan noise.
Last but not least, a big Thank You to Paul for allowing my friend, Keith, and I to stop by. Especially on relatively short notice! He's a great theater designer and a pretty darn nice guy!
Brian
------------------

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Inviting other enthusiasts to your home for a meet is IMO the best thing we can do. You get to know the others in your hobby and make friends. I've hosted such gatherings and gone to others and it's a blast. :)
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

paul larson

Auditioning
Brian and Phillip,
Thanks for your kind remarks. Brian, I enjoyed your visit and our discussion. I hope you went away realizing you have an open invitation to return. Thanks for your kind remarks on the forum also...liar. Just kidding.
Thanks and I am sure we will see each other again. Maybe I can put the world famous speakers you design in my HT and Recording Studio.
Paul
------------------
Paul Larson
www.paul-larson.com

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
"I hope you went away realizing you have an open invitation to return."
Cool! If you have the extra room I could just sell my house and my wife and I could just move in!
"Maybe I can put the world famous speakers you design in my HT and Recording Studio."
I'll take all the help I can get finding help for my upcoming little side business!
I forgot to mention that Paul has a beautiful house as well! Well, what I saw from the foyer (sp?). We pretty much went from there straight into the theater! Not that I'm complaining though!
Brian
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks