What's new

<$1000 subwoofer recommendation (1 Viewer)

Jim>Mc

Auditioning
I am looking for a subwoofer for less than $1000. My room is 30 x 20 feet and I would like for it to shake. I have demoed the Klipsch rsw 10 and rw 10 in a small room and they both sounded great. I am worried that my room might be too big. Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Chris_Prezgay

Auditioning
I have the SVS PB2-ISD also. My room is about 18x25, and the best complement I've got so far is when my father-in-law turned to me when we were at a theater, and said, "This sounds just like your house!"

There may be other subs out there for less than $1,000, but IMHO this is one of the best sounding

WayneO

Supporting Actor
PB2-ISD will provide the most room shaking bass out of any pre-built sub for the money.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
SVS without a doubt... Call and talk personally to Ron there and give him your room and equipment info and he will get you into the best sub possible for your space. They do not oversell you and are very nice folks. I have a PB2+ that replaced my second set of dual NHT subs... Had Atlantic subs before the NHT's... Anyway the SVS blows any of them out of the water... its not even close plus it was cheaper. Funny I started out paying more for doubles and a single that cost less does about 5 times as much and better sound.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

It could either be a compliment - or, an insult. Lately, I've felt like the sound I have at home is far superior to that of movie theater setups.

Plus, I can "pause" the movie and sound when I need a pee-pee break or to make some fresh popcorn. ;)

cabreau

Second Unit
SVS subs always get high ratings on here, and I've never had a chance to hear one. But out of the subs that I've actually heard, the Paradigm PW-2200 that I have right now sounds pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks