What's new

$1000 Sub/Sat system (1 Viewer)

John^P

Auditioning
I am looking to buy a sub/sat system and I would like to spend around $1000 (on just the speakers). They would be in a smaller room, and would be mainly for movies. I was looking at the Polk RM7200 system, which is $1099 from Crutchfield.com. What does anybody think about this system? I am using a Yamaha RXV595a receiver by the way. I know there are lots of sub/sat systems on the market, and I was looking for opinions on good systems out there. Thanks.

John

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
In this price range I would recommend the Rocket ELT system from AV123.

You get four satellites, a center and a sub, all finished in cherry-stained birch for $1,000. Check their home page or audioenvy.com for an audition. I have heard this system in Dallas and it is really very fine, especially the center speaker. The same system can be order from ACI.

Going over your budget a bit, you could also get four satellites, a center and a Hsu VTF-2 from Ascend. This system also would provide very fine HT performance. You have to like black.

If possible I would listen to both, as they sound quite different (at least to my ears). Of course you may well like them both—or neither. In any case both companies have generous return policies, if you don’t like them in your home.

I think that either has a price advantage over most deals available in retail stores.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I am testing a stereo version (in the context of a high end system) a pair of the Rockets ELT's ... they are killer for sound, especially for the $$$$... good recommendation

John^P

Auditioning
Awesome. They look like very high quality speakers. I don't know if there are any dealers around where I live that have them though.

Joey_V

Second Unit
u only get them from av123.com as far as i know. also, look into the axiom systems, they have sub/sat systems for about $1000.... and far more beyond that. :D

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Ascend, Axiom and AV123 (Rockets) are Internet-direct companies, so you can’t go down to a local store and audition them.

All of these companies have a pretty big following, with plenty of people who are willing to demonstrate products in their homes.

A member of this forum Curtis Chang, runs a site devoted to Ascend products—This
link will take you there.

I’d expect that a posting here will get you some information on how to contact people for auditions.

audioenvy.com is a site that has Rocket and SVS owners who will give auditions. If there is no one in your area, you might try posting on the AV123 site—I’m sure someone there will help.

Finally you can always have them shipped to your home and decide. If you don’t like them, you can return them and are only out the shipping costs.

And you are correct as to the ELT finish—it is very good.

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine ordered the Elts from ACI. He got free shipping AND they have a better warranty. He really loves the system. I've heard it, and it is really pretty amazing. Of course they have the 30 day money back warranty, but I don't think you'll need it;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks