What's new

$1000 Home Theater Audio System (1 Viewer)

RobSB

Agent
Hey guys. Just bought a new 50" Toshiba 50HDX82 based on recommendations over at the DIsplay forum, and now I'm in the hunt for a nice audio system to complement it. My budget for the system is up to $1000, with maybe a little give but not much. My room is around 25' x 15', with my TV on the 25' wall centered facing the couch on the other wall.
HTiB's are easier, but I certainly don't mind going components either. I want the best sound for the money I have. I guess 6.1 sounds like the wave of the future, so a 6.1 system would be ideal. I don't know, you tell me. I need Dolby and DTS, component inputs and outputs, and all that other good stuff. The $1000 also has to include a receiver.
So guys, any recommendations? A clear and decisive winner please, make my life easy. ;)

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator
For all that under a $1000 you could do one of the following:
$250 - JBL NSP II (Front, Surround, Center)
$400 / $135 - Adire Rava / Sony WM40 sub
$370 - Pioneer VSX-D811S
------------------
$1020 (Rava) / $755 (Sony Sub)
Or
$560 - Axiom Epic Micro (shipped) via audioshop.on.ca
$370 - Pioneer VSX-811S
-----------------------
$930
I would probably go with the Axiom micro setup (currently on clearance as it is normally ~ US$910). You can see a review of the Epic Micro here .
I know the JBL NSP setup has a really strong following as well. I am sure they will post a lot of supporting docs for it. :)
Matthew

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
I was the first reply to your post at HT Spot.
The Pioneer 811S is another good suggestion because it has full a set of preouts. I opted for the Onkyo SR600 with its lower THD% and OSD feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks