$100 to blow at Best Buy - What to get???

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jon_Welker, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

This ought to be a fun change of pace. Everyone here can help me absolutely throw away $100 at Best Buy. I used to travel a lot, but not so much anymore, so I am trading in what's left of my Marriott points for a $100 BB gift certificate. I don't need any components, TV's, cables etc. I'm thinking more along the lines of DVD's, CD's, DVD-A, and SACD (media). I'm pretty wide open on movie preferences, but for music I prefer good old rock n' roll, alternative, electronic, some classic rock, and some hip-hop. Any suggestions???

2. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I would buy as many DVDs as I could. It would increase your collection a good bit. See if you can find a coupon and get a little more with that $100.

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    If you go the DVD route, don't be shy to ask for the 3 DVDs and a $5 coupon that they offer. They somethimes will leave them out, otherwise ask the cashier for one, or customer service. Whenever I make a big purchase, I ask for one or three, then make three separate purchases and use the coupon.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Get something that you wouldn't use every day or already have.

Say,
    Hard drive
    MP3 player
    walkman
    cordless phone

Just something that you may need to replace, or something that may need an update!!

Brent

5. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

If you're a tv-on-dvd addict, continue that collection! [​IMG]

6. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

I'm heavily addicted to DVD's right now. But, Brent, you just made me think that we do need a new cordless phone answering machine deal. The Panny we have is a little mumbled on message playbacks. Justin, I didn't know tht BB offers coupons when you buy 3 DVD's. Do they just and them out pretty much no questions asked? Thanks for you feedback everyone.

7. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Jon,

There was a limited promotion where they had the coupons, "strategically placed" in the DVD racks... after that, they just kept them up front. I don't know if it's still around, but it can't hurt to ask!

8. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I had this dilemma last week with Circuit City and ended up putting up another $100 and got a Sony 300 disk cd changer. I couldn't think of something specific I really needed, but I have been wanting a big cd changer for awhile now (was still using a 12 year old Pioneer 6 disk changer). Just go walk down all the aisles....I'm sure you'll see something you want.

9. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator

Well, if it were me, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 4 would fit the bill nicely...

10. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

David,

Yeah, I seriously thought about the mega change route a few months ago, but didn't want to give up the freedom of easily taking cd's with me in the car. I know I could've just burned copies of them, but at close to 500 cd's, that's a lot of burning.

Win Joy,

I appreciate the suggestion, but, unfortunately, I'm not much of a Trekkie (sp?). Have you tried any of the Simpsons or Family Guy sets? I'm toying with the ideal of picking a few of these up. Or, does anyone know when the next Sopranos season comes out on DVD?

11. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Time for new phone[​IMG]

Why wait until you have to spend you hard earned cash?

Brent

12. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer