What's new

100 inch screen?? (1 Viewer)

Dan Crooks

Auditioning
I recently bid on an auction at eBay that said as a bonus you would receive instructions on how to make your own 100 inch screen that would only cost you about $20. This seller never carried through with the auction. Does anyone know how to make this screen or can show me where to find instructions?

Thank you.

Pete B.

Stunt Coordinator
Don't waste your time. Your basically taking a small color TV, flipping it upside & putting some kind of magnifying panel in front of it. What you end up is a 100" blur!

Pete

Derek_C

Agent
hehe, one of my friends did this with a 13" tv. But when he turns the tv upside down all the color bleeds out and the picture turns green. But he's color blind so he never noticed until we told him. (And yes it looks like a $20 projection)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
It is possible to improve the picture by magnifying a 14" to 19" computer monitor as its higher resolution but I doubt its really much better. Forget it unless someone gives you all the parts for free and you want a good laugh.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Does your local stationery store (such as Staples) sell a flat magnifying glass about 8-1/2 by 11 inches give or take?
For experimentation only, buy that magnifier. Take any small to medium size TV and face it towards a blank wall or a movie screen, angling it up a bit if needed. Get a cardboard carton that will fit over the front of the TV and cut a hole just big enough for the magnifier to be taped in place. Now aim the TV through the carton and adjust it back and forth until you focus the picture on the wall. The cardboard box is needed to make sure that no light shines on the wall other than light that went through the lens, otherwise the picture will be washed out.
If you turn the TV upside down or on its back (for bedtime ceiling view) you should get a small fan to blow air through the vent slots and improve the cooling inside. Then the picture should not turn green or anything like that.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks