What's new

$10 off $30 @ Buy.com with Google Checkout (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Sign up for Google Checkout @ Google.com and when you use it @ buy.com you save $10 on your $30 purchase.

I just picked up Battlestar Galactica Season 2 and 2.5 for about $25 each. AWESOME.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I bought the R-Rated, widescreen release of 40-Year Old Virgin and the HDD of Batman Begins. And no, I do not have a HDD player....

Yet. :D

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This IS great (while it lasts anyway). I just picked up Batman Begins and Corpse Bride on HD-DVD for $33.26 shipped.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
I used it on a Sansa e260 MP3 player that also had a $30 mail-in rebate, and I got in under the wire last night at about 9 minutes before the rebate window expired.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Works for DVDEmpire, as well, but I like using it at Buy.com because you only have to buy one disc over $25 to get free shipping.

Anyway, I picked up Seven Samurai for $22.99 and Equinox (about the same) on two separate orders. Great stuff!

Thanks,

Bob

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yes. For now there are no limitations, but it won't last forever.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The notice I got from buy.com said "throughout October."

The confirmation I got from buy.com had this statement

I know this might bother some people, so be aware.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i just received ship notice for the 2 chocolate factory movies
and my other order for ploar express and robin hood.

16.63 each hd dvd

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Great Googly (Checkout) Moogly -- Various other vendors have reinstated the Google Checkout promo, including, for example, DVDEmpire, CDUniverse and BestPrices.

My poor little wallet.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I know the pain, but last week I was cursing because a rare import CD I've been after is carried by Best Prices and I missed out. Nothing like second chances!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
(Cut-and-pasted from my identical post at AVS)

Okay, Google Checkout is at it again in a big way (found this over at CAG). In addition to the continuing/revived $10-off-$30 deal, you have 2 more deals going now (get ready to spend money!):

(1) Google is running a $10-off-$10 promo good on your first purchase at participating vendors (usual suspects) after you open a new Google Checkout account. So if you haven't signed up yet, you can do it now, use the 10/10 promo at someplace like BestPrices to get an HD-DVD for $11.97 or so shipped, then move on to the $10/$30 deal. I've also 'heard' that adding a new credit card to your existing Google Checkout account, and then making that the active payment method, will activate the $10/10 discount as well.

(2) But wait, there's more! Buy.com is running its own additional holiday promo with Google Checkout: $20-off-$50! You can still get the $10/$30 deal there, but if you have one more title you're interested in, the new promo makes the per-title cost lower. I just ordered 3 HD-DVDs from Buy.com for $42.19 shipped (free budget shipping).

Okay, I'm done. You may go empty your wallets now. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh, this is get redonkulous. There. Fulfilled my urban slang quota for the day.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks