Directors 10 Movie Posters

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Arman, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

Jan 10, 2003
    If you can (or will) hang movie posters (with printed original art works) in the walls of your bedroom/HT room or office/apartment, what would they be?

1. Blow-up
    2. Psycho
    3. La Dolce Vita
    4. Casablanca
    5. Metropolis
    6. Vertigo
    7. The Godfather
    8. A Hard Day's Night
    9. Dr. Strangelove
    10 The 400 Blows
  2. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Feb 8, 2001
    Empire of the Sun (have an Australian day bill mini poster 12x20 or something like that)
    Lawrence of Arabia
    The Apartment
    Seven Samurai
    Shawshank Redemption
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence (have it framed and mounted on wall at home)
    The Godfather
    The Man who Shot Liberty Valence
    Battle Royale
    Stand By Me (international, framed and mounted on wall at home)
  3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Mar 14, 2001
    I'm going to list 12, because that's how many we have, which we rotate one per month:

1. Rear Window
    2. Vertigo
    3. Toy Story
    4. E. T.
    5. Back to the Future
    6. Planes, Trains & Automobiles
    7. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    8. Casablanca
    9. Star Trek: First Contact
    10. My Fair Lady
    11. It's a Wonderful Life
    12. Father of the Bride, Part 2
  4. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Feb 22, 2000
    I went through a brief period of poster buying when I started getting into home theater in 1999, so my posters represent what I could find then, a few on ebay, a few from a local poster shop. I quickly got out of buying them though as it usually cost more to frame them than the actual posters. I would like to get some more classics some day.

HT Room:

1. The Maltese Falcon (smaller horizontal reprint of the one-sheet)
    2. Freaks (reprint one-sheet)
    3. Midnight Cowboy (Italian reprint, I liked the abstract city art a little more than the photographic American original)
    4. Limbo (original one-sheet)
    5. City Of Lost Children (original one sheet, American)
    6. Eyes Wide Shut (original one sheet)

I used to have a one-sheet of Three Colours: Red up but took it down to hang a shelf for my rear speakers. Unfortunately the shelf wasn't big enough, but being lazy, the shelf is still on the wall instead of the poster.

In my home office I have an original Pi one-sheet that for some reason I decided was a bit too freaky to display, but now I have no idea why I thought that.
  5. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

Jan 10, 2003
    After measuring one of them, my posters size is actually 11 in x 17 in. I just saw [] is selling The 400 Blows (3 different art options) 11 in. x 17 in. for $19.99 (I'm guessing + tax and shipping charges). Mine (framed in a thick sturdy transparent plastic case which can be hung by itself) costs only $9.99 in Yale & $12.99 each in MOMA (one of them came out as $0.01 in the register).

Allposters also has 11 in x 17 in posters size of Belle de jour, Breathless, 8 1/2, Kurosawa (did not see Ikiru), Godard, Almodovar's masterworks, Citizen Kane etc. I will probably end up buying 11+ more [The 400 Blows, Belle de jour, Citizen Kane, Breathless, 8 1/2, In the Mood for Love, Spirited Away (can't find Graves of the Fireflies & a 11 x 17 for A.I and Ferris Bueller's Day-Off), The Bicycle Thief, Jules et Jim, Lawrence of Arabia, another one for Akira Kurosawa - that's 11]