What's new

10 Commandements Double Double Dip? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thankfully, I did not double dip on the last version. I'll be very happy to pick this one up. Great cover! Let's hope the extras rate!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I didn't double-dip on this DVD title before, but I'm going to do now.

Beautiful art work, BTW. Does anyone think, like I do, this picture of Yul Brynner happens to look a bit like Leonardo DiCaprio (which might have prevented my double-dip)? :laugh:

Cees

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
What is the street date on this? I will take a triple-dip on it, as it is one of my favorite movies. Still, I do hope the supplements are worth while.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Yeah, you better buy it again, so you'll have another release of it to sit on your shelf and not watch. You must have far too much disposable cash lying around. Howzabout you send it to me instead, and I'll take much better care of it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Ouch! Though you have a point. I'd love to know why someone would own TWO copies of a movie and never watch either of them...

TedD

Supporting Actor
Well, 10 Commandments did have a 70mm re-release some years ago. I remember running it at the Cooper in Minneapolis, MN. And it was pretty severely cropped to 2.20:1.

Ted

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
DVD Times with full details and art on that anniversary editon of The Ten Commandments here:

Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Ten Commandments (50th Anniversary Collection) for 21st March 2006 priced at $24.99 SRP. For sheer pageantry and spectacle, few motion pictures can claim to equal the splendor of Cecil B. DeMille's 1956 remake of his epic THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. Filmed in Egypt and the Sinai with one of the biggest sets ever constructed for a motion picture, this version tells the story of the life of Moses (Charlton Heston), once favored in the Pharaoh's (Yul Brynner) household, who turned his back on a privileged life to lead his people to freedom. With a rare on-screen introduction by Cecil B. DeMille himself, this unforgettable movie experience is enhanced by a Dolby surround stereo soundtrack. This 3-disc set includes The Ten Commandments Special Collector's Edition (1956 version) and The Ten Commandments (1923 silent version).

Features on the 1956 version are identical to the previous two-disc Special Collector's Edition...
Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English DD5.1 Surround
English 2.0
Commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille's Epic, The Ten Commandments
6-Part Documentary:
Moses
The Chosen People
Land of the Pharaohs
The Paramount Lot
The Score
Mr. DeMille
Newsreel: The Ten Commandments Premiere in New York
Trailers: 1956 “Making of” Trailer, 1966 Trailer and 1989 Trailer

Features on the 1923 silent version include:
Full Frame
English Stereo
Commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille's Epic, The Ten Commandments
Hand-tinted Footage of the Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea Sequence

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

I actually own around 1000 movies that I haven't found time to watch yet. As for 10C, never got around to watching the first release but the second release was announced a few weeks after I bought the first. The second release sat here since release date because it's just not a film I rewatch very often. The first was sold to buy the second and the second release was sold to buy the third. In reality, I really don't ever need to see the remake again so I'll be buying for the single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks