What's new

10.5: Apocalypse (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Wow... it's like a four-hour train wreck. I can't look away.

Continental drift, reversing course? Uh... ummm... wow...

"Global community of geologists and seismologists die of laughter, film at 11."

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Hilarious!

The same annoying constant use of the zoom lens which plagued the original is still present, too. Even Jesus Franco wouldn't have zoomed this often!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
This was a sequel, right ? to 10.5.

So if there is such a thing as straight-to-video, can there be a straight-to-MST3k ?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amen to that. I thought I might watch it until I saw it was done in the same incessant shaky/zooming style as the first which gave me such a headache. Are there people that actually like all the movement?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I think I'm going to do a short mocumentary on the cameraman that started the whole crappy shakey camera craze. Ooooh, the mockiposibilities. :D

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Judging from these posts, I think I'm glad I decided not to watch this. I remember the camera work in the first one quite well.....I could hardly tell what was going on, the camera shook so much!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything! :laugh:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
They should have known better. You never solve the big problem before the last commercial break.

Anyone else successfully predict that at least one brother was toast?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
And you knew their was no way of stopping the big fault from seperating the continents....Its the money shot. :)

Also, can you imagine how f-ed up ours and the worlds economy would be after these devestations??

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator
Well im just glad they didnt pull out some solution to solve the nation being torn apart.I thought thats where they was going with it,but im glad they didnt like usual.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm certain that the third 10.5 miniseries will have the President being impeached for overacting.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well they don't really do disaster movies the way they used to in the 70s. Back then, they were just chock-full of aging celebrities wasting their careers away. I think the 3rd 10.5 should take us back to those bygone days. Imagine the subplots:

Melissa Gilbert and Jeff Conaway sinking into the La Brea tar pits, while Kirk Cameron and Tina Yothers cling for dear life to a stuffed dinosaur

Stockard Channing, Sherman Hemsley and Susan Lucci trapped on an inverted Eiffel Tower, trying to climb their way up. Or down.

Heather Locklear and Luke Perry trapped in the Indian Ocean on a lifeboat; no food, no clothes, just each other.

John Travolta, Martin Sheen, Lindsay Wagner and Suzanne Somers, all trapped aboard Air Force One, the fuel running out, and no place to land because the damn 10.5 earthquake is shaking up the land ever so. Meanwhile, Jason Priestly is coming down from a drug high and needs a quick fix, so in his delirium he pulls a gun on Marina Sirtis, who's a government scientist and the key to ending the horrible earthquakes and restabilizing the earth...

Yeah, I'd so see that movie.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I must agree with the original poster, it was a complete train wreck and I couldn't walk away.

I taped it and finally got around to wasting a few hours of my life and watched this last night. Didn't time it exactly, but the 4 hours minus commercials, previews of upcoming scenes, part 1 recap etc. probably may have been 2 1/2 hours.

This thing was hilarious it was so bad. Those poor actors, they're not even on the "D" list, they've sunk way beyond that point in their careers. Was really sad to see the detective from Medium in this, he could do so much better.

And the major Poseidon Adventure ripoff, how could a writer with any dignity even have the nerve to try and pass that off as original.

As for the camera work, oh my gosh. Did they train a monkey to point the camera and pull the zoom lens "in in in out out in in out in in out in out", etc. It was horrible. I guess they were trying to make those scenes feel suspenseful, but they just came off as nauseating and ridiculous.

If this comes out on DVD it may be worth a 99 cent rental for a good laugh. Overall, what a pathetic piece of crap. It really makes you wonder about the people running the studios that garbage like this actually gets made.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Stan, it was just bad. But it should have been BAD, as in so bad it's fun to watch. 10.5 was just bad-bad. Not good-bad. If they're not going to have fun with it, why make it? Frankly, they just don't know how to make made-for tv movies anymore...it's like they forgot how because there's so few of them. There's so little entertainment value in 10.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks