1 small step for man....1 giant step for my HT

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by SeanV, Jul 28, 2003.

1. SeanV

SeanV Stunt Coordinator

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who has volunteered their expertise/opinions over the past month as I endeavor on my first HT system. This past weekend I partially bit the bullet and purchased speakers for my HT. I am going with:
    fronts: Studio 40s v2
    surround: Atoms
    center: Bose Vsc (Studio CC will be purchased shortly)
    A/V: currently Sony STR-DE695 to be upgraded to Marantz 7300 or 7300ose
    sub: eventually an SVS 22-31Pci

I have done NO calibration or SPLing or any adjustments at all at this point. I will get around to all of that shortly, I am just happy to have a semblance of surround sound. Even my wife was amazed at the difference (which is saying a lot). If it sounds this good now how will it be when I get the correct center channel, better A/V, and a sub????? I haven't been this excited since Christmas Eve when I was 6. Once again thanks to everyone who gave me input when I was trying to decide on which products to get.

Sean

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Paradigm makes excellent speakers. Congrats! [​IMG]

3. Jon Musil

Jon Musil Stunt Coordinator

Congratulations Sean!

I hope to be in your same position within the next 2 weeks, as I still have some road to hoe in the decision making process. The only thing I've purchased thus far is a 43tx receiver, now it's on to the speakers.

Do you mind me asking what your short list was at the end before going with digm's and why specifically you picked them?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You will want to go with at least the OSE, as the 7300 may not be quite up to the task of Studios. The OSE has a larger power supply and should be able to provide enough current for 40s and a Studio CC. Congrats.

5. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor