What's new

1 remote - 2 satellite receivers (1 Viewer)

KellyG

Auditioning
I'm looking for some help getting my system working the way I want it to. I have 2 Dish Network receivers (a 301 and a 510) hooked to the same tv (so I can watch live and record live at the same time) and want to use 1 remote to operate both. I have the remote for the 510 but don't have the original for the 301. I used a One-For-All but it controls both receivers now so if I turn off one they both go off.

Can I get a remote that could address each receiver seperately? And if I can, how can I address the 301 when I don't have the original remote?

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The short answer is no. It’s like asking to control two Sony DVD players (or the brand of your choice) with separate remotes.

Bottom line, you’ll have to get receivers from two different brands, or make sure they are separated far enough apart so that aiming at one won’t activate the other.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

KellyG

Auditioning
That can't be right. When the pair of 301 receivers were delivered they came with 2 remotes that would not work the other one because they could be addressed.

Dean_S

Second Unit
I've only seen unique addressing on RF remotes. Do these dish recvrs support RF like many D* stbs do???

KellyG

Auditioning
Looking at a satellite forum I have found out they can be addressed per receiver.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

Yes, the dish systems can have separate remotes.

Go to radio shack. I just saw that they are carrying original Dish remotes for non-DVR systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks