1 Game on 3 systems. Which one do you choose?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Standley, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I was wondering what system do you lean torward if the game is coming out for all 3 consoles. (pc excluded) I do this pick and choose with every game it seems. I try to go through the reviews and see what is said about the game and then the system its on for a clue. The latest one im going to buy is the Lord of the rings the two towers. Gamespot says the XBOX is the best one, but IGN says the GameCube is the best choice for this game. I tend to lean towards the XBOX for any game that is headed for all 3 consoles.

So what system do buy a game (any game) targeted for PS2, XBOX or GameCube?

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I get multi-platform releases on XBOX - except for NFS: HP2. I heard that the XBOX version sucked, and I liked the PS2 version immensely, so I stuck with it. I usually only get Nintendo exclusives for my GC, and likewise I only get Sony Exclusives for my PS2.

3. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I'm the same way. I have a Gamecube and an Xbox, and if a game is on both, I get the Xbox version.

4. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

I always go Xbox unless there is a good reason not to. The S-controller and 5.1 surround make the difference. Not having to make space on a memory card helps too.

5. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I have all 3 systems and always buy for the Xbox unless it's an EA game in which case I would get it for the system it's not a port on, which would usually be the PS2.

6. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

XBox for me, too--like Chris, for the DD 5.1 sound and the hard drive. . .

7. Jeff_Standley

Good call. EA sports is no good on the XBOX. and I never buy any game on the GameCube unless its an exclusive.
    The XBOX has it all IMHO Hard drive, rip your own music, 5.1, good controller, and the only system I dont have to pull off of my rack to sit in my chair and play. Thank MS for 9.8 ft cords. Im to lazy to buy extensions for the others.

8. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

9. Jeff_Standley

Actually I retract my statement. I have ncaa football 2003 on the XBOX and I love it to. but the online portion is what fueled my statement, Spoke to soon.:b

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I only have a PS2 and GameCube, but I make my decision based on which version runs better or (if they run equally well) which version has the better controller for it. PS2 gets all FPS games (and probably will even once I get an X-Box) and the GameCube gets mainly it's exclusives.

11. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Yep, I always pick XBox too - I like the big controller and the hard drive is much better then the PS2's memory cards (which are too expensive and fill up too fast for me).
    JQ

12. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I only have a PS2 and GC, and given the choice, I'll usually buy the game for the GC. Why? Because nothing beats the Wavebird.

Having said that, I bought LOTR:TT for the PS2, because I got a good deal on it, and it was out first [​IMG]

13. Howie A

Howie A Second Unit

I used to steer more towards the PS2, just for the fact that I was more comfortable with the Dual Shock 2.
    But ever since my 2nd Memory card is full and I picked up the S-controller for my xbox. I tend not to want to delete things of importance from the mem card and I refuse to buy another one after all I have spent on add-ons for the Sony System.

Many times I look to see which system has more features or
    if it gets any exclusive things such as downloadable content.

I was once fed some false info..... I was told by someone the the Xbox version on MK : DA would have the LIVE DL feature that no other system would get along with the soundtrack option. So I got it.

Although it does not have any of those said features I am happy with the choice I made, at least I am not searching for a place to save my games. (have I mentioned that I love the xbox HD) I have played the PS2 version of MK : DA and felt it did have the upper hand in the control category. I notice a bit of laggy response on the Xbox version when trying to change fighting styles with the trigger button. I do feel the xbox version had a smoother overall look to it though.

I do feel as though you are more likely to find the more advanced home theater options on xbox versions in most multi platform games out now, such as HD and DD. Although more and more platforms are trying to include these options in most of there games..

I really was a PS2 freak this time last year. But lately I find myself cuddling up closer to my xbox most nights..

I do not have GC sorry.

14. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

15. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

Xbox first and foremost; progressive scan, 5.1 sound and sometimes widescreen.

To me my PS2 doesn't look sharp on my 55" widescreen HD set.

Troy

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

17. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

Usually Xbox, but there are exceptions. PS2 Need for Speed, because it got better reviews and because I could use the Logitech steering wheel. Likewise for Burnout 2, which I got for PS2 even though it will be coming to other consoles this spring.
    Tony Hawk 4 for PS2, because of online play. Ditto for EA Sports titles.

18. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

five point one surround = exxx boxxxx

19. Parker

Parker Agent

I almost always will go for the X-box version. It will usually have 5.1 surround and, if programmed for the X-Box instead of just ported over, better graphics.

20. Jeff_Standley

Looks the Xbox is the prefered system. Not surprising because of the features.