1 Decision left and my (college) is set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Leemhuis, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

Thanks to you guys I have been able to pick out my DVD player(Sony DVP-NS715P) and my Surround sound system(Kenwood HTB-505). Thanks a lot but I still can not decide on a TV.
    Sony WEGA KV-20FV300
    Positives I see
    -Good sound(useful for quiet times)
    -Great reputation in Pic quality
    Negatives
    -Price
    Toshiba 20AF42
    Positives
    -Cheaper($279 instead of $350)
    -includes S-video at lower price
    Negatives
    -Wary of quality of build/picture
    What do you guys think I should do. Don't suggest another higher priced tv LOL(I'm spending enough on this already).
    [​IMG]

2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

How about a bigger set (non-flatscreen) in the same price range. That's what I would recommend, unless you have a really tiny dorm room.

I wouldn't be worried about the picture quality for build quality of the Toshiba set.

The sound on the receiver can go just as quiet as the TV. I wouldn't worry about that as a feature.

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I agree with Bill.....if your dorm room can accomodate it then go for the largest screen size that your budget will allow.

Also, from my experience, Toshiba's build and picture quality won't disappoint you. I have a 13 year old 26" and a 6 year old 35". I've never had a problem will either one and both still produce a great picture. I also considered Sony when purchasing both of these sets but couldn't find justification for the higher cost of the Sony brand....just my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy your new set-up!

Vin

4. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

I agree. Don't underestimate the Toshiba picture quality without giving it a fair shot.