What's new

$1/day DVD rental - Music Wherehouse (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this is a nationwide deal (I live northeast of Atlanta), but my nearby Music Wherehouse is now offering $1/day DVD rentals (the selection isn't all that great, but you never know...

Anyone else live near this chain store and seen this rental deal?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
The GameStop I work at in DFW, Tx has on close to it. I'll step in and check when I go to work tomorrow.

Jim-M

Second Unit
Is that the same as Wherehouse Music chain? If so, we have the $1 rentals in SoCal too. They have some of the recent titles in widescreen for rent that Blockbuster only has in fullscreen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I may have gotten the name reversed, but I do know there's a "Wherehouse" in the name, so it could be "Wherehouse Music" as well as "Music Wherehouse". Sorry to be so confusing.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
No problem Patick. I actually have to run down to work this afternoon, so I'll stop in and see if they know anything about it.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
$1/day rentals are rare in most of America? We have a couple of shops in the area that do this. The selection isn't huge and there's no videogames but they always get new releases and the price is right. Even still I op to go to the $4/5day Hollywood Video. I hate feeling obligated to reutrn it the next day. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you're budget minded, $1/day rentals are a good deal. :) I seldom rent when the rates are $3.79/5 nights because I'd rather see 4 DVDs for $4 (plus gas), then 1 DVD for the same amount of money.
Around my area, both Blockbuster and Hollywood Video have the $3+ rentals. at Blockbuster, it's a 2-day rental ($3.79) on new releases and 5-days on catalog titles. It's 5 days for any DVD rental at Hollywood Video.
Until Music Wherehouse offered their $1/day rental rate, Blockbuster and Hollywood Video is the only game in town near me, so this is a good alternative, especially for DVDs that I just want to check out (if I'm not sure I want to buy it), $1 is worth it.

derek

Second Unit
Scott where have you seen $1/day rentals in No Va? The only place I recently seen is Tower Records here in Fairfax $1.49/day for catalog titles...new releases 3$/day.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm in prince william county. There's $1 Video on the parkway near Potomac Mills Mall and there's another store on route 1 owned by the same guy. Guess they're not as common as I thought they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks