What's new

05 Warner TV Releases may include Superman (G. Reeves) & Max Headroom?? (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
While there are several titles here that I would be more than interested in owning, it is still the absense of "Knots Landing" that keeps me from total excitement.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Some of the titles in the DavisDVD article were confirmed as being worked on (Maverick, 77 Sunset Strip) by a Warners rep in a USA Today article that ran some months ago. No timeframe was given. Warners mentioned Adventures of Superman in a HTF chat.

So there is some indication from WB themselves that at least some of these titles will arrive at some point.

Before we all burn DavisDVD at the stake, let's at least wait for the facts to get sorted out or at least give them a chance to respond.

Steve

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Considering Max Headroom is only 14 episodes (15 if they include the original UK Pilot), it makes it almost a 'no-brainer' Cult Classic Release (see, The Tick, Greg The Bunny, etc..).3 or 4 disc set with perhaps a modicum of extras (I wanna see the Max Coke commercials..."Don't say the p-p-p-p-p-P word").

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Steve...O, that info is very cool. Well done, Patrick.

The problem is that it's not confined, though. SciFiLog has posted news that The Flash is coming to DVD, and outright says that their source is the background picture from the article at Warner's press site:

Let's be clear: The Flash, Max Headroom, and all those others COULD come out in 2005. We know for a fact that Warner is working on some of the shows in those background shots: 77 Sunset Strip (per USA Today article earlier this year), Adventures of Superman (per me asking WB at an HTF chat), Lois & Clark (per TVShowsOnDVD...yeah, well, we ask them about that one constantly, and they finally told us it was in-the-works; I suspect that what helped carry them over the edge on that decision was a combo of good internal news on a new Superman flick, the attention Christopher Reeve was getting during the election about stem cell research in the time leading up to his sudden death, and at the time both Cain and Hatcher had new shows coming or just debuted with good buzz...Cain's Clubhouse has been cancelled, but Hatcher's Deperate Housewives is taking off like a rocket).

Some of the others make sense that they would be coming: Kotter, for instance, makes sense in that March sees the release of Be Cool, which stars Travolta and is the sequel to Get Shorty...though if WB sticks to the reported schedule of waves, June would be the earliest wave to try to capitalize on the tie-in to a March film release...hmmm.

It's hard to figure out the logic involved at the studios, especially when they aren't talking about their plans in that level of detail. We'll keep asking them about it, though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks