What's new

05 Warner TV Releases may include Superman (G. Reeves) & Max Headroom?? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Flash was kind of out of the blue.

there is some interesting things in there, but i'm wondering if this means we won't be seeing follow up seasons to some of last years releases like Wonder Woman and Dallas to name a couple.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I agree, some interesting stuff..but I hope they finish up some sets they already started like Wonder Woman..I really don't want a collection of incomplete shows.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
None of those titles are confirmed to be released next year. Warner has posted photos from shows used as a background for a flash animation promoting their 50 years of TV, but NOWHERE does it say that these shows are being released. Those photos are supposed to reflect their library, not their releases.

I've asked numerous times about Flash, and it's something under consideration. Max Headroom is something that would be nice to see on DVD, but I don't think it enjoys a mass appeal.

I don't like that this is being passed off as fact, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Gord

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Thanks for setting us straight, Gord. I sure do hope those titles do actually come out in 2005, though, especially the two Superman-based series, Max Headroom, and Scarecrow and Mrs. King!

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
The Adventures of Superman (with George Reeves) - Great to see this one.

Family Matters - I only like the later seasons of this show.
The Flash (1990) - WOW! What a pleasant surprise! I was The Flash for Halloween when I was 5 in 1990. This is a must buy for me.
Welcome Back Kotter - Yes. I love this sitcom.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
As much as I would love to see the Scarlet Speedster's short-lived TV show on DVD, I'm not buying the DavisDVD "news" item. If The Flash and the other shows (Maverick would be awesome!) do get an official release next year, I'm sure we'll hear about it from tvshowsondvd first!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Amy, Lois & Clark is coming next year (at least season 1), and they're looking into doing the Adventures of Superman. Honestly, I think Max Headroom is a long-shot. I'd love to see it, but I can't see it being released before some of their other short-lived titles (Brisco County Jr for example).

I think the post is misleading because it doesn't cite the source of the release information that was posted. I'm 99% sure that the titles were taken from photos included in a Flash animation touting the 50 years of Warner Television. It was NOT an animation touting the 2005 TV releases, and I think assuming that the photos represent season releases for 2005 is unprofessional.

Gord

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

No, but I think it's got enough of a cult following that it might do quite well. I never saw the show myself, but have heard great things about it in the years since.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy 77 Sunset Strip (Kookie is the ginchiest!) and Adventures of Superman but I REALLY want The Man from UNCLE.

Miss Randi

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I cannot wait until The Adventures of Superman is released on DVD... That's one of my favorites shows of all time. I cannot put down in words how elated I am at the thought of owning a copy of the first season of that show. They better release this show on a fast track or I'll be really mad.

Thanks for reading.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Given what Gord has said on this matter already, and I tend to trust him on these sorts of things, I've had to change the tone of what I was going to post.

I was going to express my joy at the prospect of finally being able to buy this show on DVD, as it would be a slamdunk release date purchase for me.

However, given what Gord has said and how this has yet to be confirmed.

I shall simply beg!

Please please please please please pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee! WB release this! Please?

Ok, I'm done and feel better now.

Adventures of Superman would be good to own as well, and if not in 2005 I can't imagine them not releasing it timed with the next movie.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Why have a website with all this info, if none of it is correct? I mean, according to that site, it's implied that by November of 2005, most of those titles will have been released. Sounds like Davisdvd.com is very irresponsible for having posted that bit of misinformation, and if I was a constant visitor to that site, I'd stop going alltogether. Might as well buy the National Enquirer if I want to read false stories.

LizH

Second Unit

It's one of the most critically acclaimed shows of all time.

I don't see why they wouldn't release it. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Until this information is confirmed by Warner, I have edited the title of this thread to reflect the possiblility of these shows being released in 2005.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The torches and stakes are already out...

From what I understand (and a spec sheet I was actually shown by *ahem* someone in the video rental industry), these titles are what they are. Now if these titles reflect actual disc collections, or if they are a list of episodes on the bonus discs, wasn't really apparent from the sheet I saw.

But just to keep everyone happy, I've temporarily edited my post to remove any controversy.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
The article opens with "Warner Home Video is celebrating 50 years TV programming with a year-long celebration encompassing four major waves of TV-on-DVD releases."

I take this to mean the article will be mentioning what Warner titles will be release within the next year.

Then it goes on to say "The first wave, due on February 8th, will include complete first seasons of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House, The Jamie Foxx Show, Murphy Brown, Night Court and The Wayans Brothers".

I suppose this means that the above titles are DEFINITE to be released on February 8th.

To be fair, the article did then say "Other titles tentatively include 77 Sunset Strip, The Adventures of Superman (with George Reeves), Alice, Chico and the Man, Family Matters, The Flash (1990), The George Lopez Show, Growing Pains, Head of the Class, Lois & Clark, Maverick, Max Headroom, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Step By Step, Suddenly Susan and Welcome Back Kotter.", which I interpret to mean that they may be released in 2005 or later.

However, then the article confuses us by stating "Look for the next three waves of discs in June, September and November".

How are we supposed to interpret this? I interpret it as meaning that every single title mentioned above WILL be released before 2005 comes to an end. If Warner has not officially announced all these titles to be released on DVD in 2005, then I would say that article is wrong. In other words, where did that article originate? Who was the source? And why post such an article if it hasn't been confirmed. It sounds like this article should've been posted as part of "The Rumor Mill", and not as a legitimate factual article. Many fans have been waiting for years for many of these titles. To falsely get their hopes up is not right. That's why I consider it as irresponsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks