What's new

007 spells BOND on the Big Screen! (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Here's the official line-up for this coming weekend's shows (May 3 & 4) at the Loew's Jersey Theater in Jersey City, New Jersey.
This Friday and Saturday, you'll have a rare chance to see James Bond in 35mm on the big screen.
On Friday, we present a stunning IB print of GOLDFINGER. Saturday's matinee is the seldom revived ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, presented on the giant, full stage CinemaScope screen. Saturday evening is the special 40th anniversary presentation of DR. NO. All films are excellent, archival prints that look magnificent in dye-transfer Technicolor with carbon arc illumination.
Plus, there will be a few surprises, including rare trailers, TV spots and production shorts. Also, Spy Guise, Bill Duelly and Brian Bavosa will have rare, original Bond memorabilia on display in the Grand Lobby.
If you've never seen Bond on the big screen, or only in some small revival theatre, don't miss this unique opportunity to experience these films in a grand movie palace in the glory of 35mm. You'll feel like you've stepped in a time machine and traveled back to the 60's when these films first played the Loew's Jersey. Plus tickets are only $5.00 - you can't go wrong!
ADDENDUM: We've just added an incredibly rare 35mm production short on the making of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." This ultra-rare featurette includes behind-the-scenes footage not seen in many, many years! This rare short will be shown on Saturday afternoon prior to the screening of the feature.
More info and directions, Loew's Jersey website .
If any HTF members are going, please check in here and hope to see you there.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I'll be going to all three, with my cousin along for GOLDFINGER. Let's see ... for a before-the-show meal should I have some hot dogs at Boulevard Drinks right next door to the Loew's, or head over to the White Castle a few blocks north on Kennedy Blvd.?

I love this place!

--Bill

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'll be at all 3 shows assuming I get out of jury duty on Friday. If not, I'll be there for both movies on Saturday.

Neil

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'm not sure what shows I'll be going to - going to try for Goldfinger tonight and OHMSS tomorrow afternoon. Look for me with the "Hammer Films" hat!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'll be there for OHMSS tomorrow afternoon, well worth the trip from CT! Always wanted to see it on the B-I-G screen! Thanks much for the continued heads-up on these Loew's Landmark weekend shows, Peter A, as I've been planning for this OHMSS show over the last month (stemming from your initial alert on the MAD WORLD screening), and everything (my personal/work schedule, transportation, weather) is falling nicely into place. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Just got back from GOLDFINGER: thrilling, funny, everything you want a movie to be. It's even more impressive when surrounded by the wonderful Loew's Jersey.

Congratulations, Peter, on getting thanked in tonight's program right along with James Bond himself (George Lazenby).

--Bill

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Where's Tino?? :D
Here's hoping I can be there...I've nothing planned this weekend but I'm not sure if a friend is doing anything in the evening.
--
D.
[SIZE= 8pt]M-O-O-N...that spells BOND.
[/SIZE]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dana
Unfortunately I am booked this weekend:angry:. I really wanted to catch at least ONE of the Bond shows at the Loews Jersey but can't.
Sorry Dana.
I still can't believe we missed each other at the MAd World show. D'oh!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks