What's new

“Men will be wearing skirts by next summer” (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
If I wear a skirt, spreading my legs as wide as possible without pulling a muscle would now be frowned upon....

Or would it???

Yes, it would.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Oh DEAR, ZEN, I misread your sentence:
I've been wearing skirts for years
Something about the way you used “skirt” in the sentence I interpreted as sarcasm! (‘skirt’ is Pitts term not mine) I know better than to try to promote the use of kilt-like wear, or MUGs as referred to by grass roots promoters, before a bunch of manly men never labeling them as skirts myself!

Please refer to post numbered 36. ...there has been a correction. :b

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Mary, all in fun. I was taught at a young age, and "skirt" in the misinterpreted usage, would have had my hide with 4 ladies in the house growing up. :)

Trust me, all men here, the Polynesian sarong(is this the right term? lava lava?) is quite freeing. Try it, at least around the house.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I actually think that sarong is a word in Bahasa (Malaysian, Indonesian, etc.) for that type of wrap around dress.

But, at least in my experience, sarong in Malaysia is reserved for a feminine garment.

There used to be sort of a joke about this in Singapore, where some young women looking for adventure were referred to as SPGs, or Sarong Party Girls, for the ease with which a sarong could come off. ;)

For sure similar garments are worn in the Pacific islands as well, but I think that they have a different name.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
they call it a "pareau". i guess it's french.

(just asked my fiancee who has been doing hula for about 15 years. guess she'd know... :) )

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Nothing worn under there. Everything is in perfect working order.

I am also required to wear a long skirt, ankle length for ceremonies. *not worn in public for obvious reasons*

I must confess that I probably would not wear a breach cloth, It may be comfortable but, with my physique it would not be attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.