What's new

“Ice Age” Special Edition On D-Theater (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Please, no more attempts to thread fart in this thread with anti-DVHS rhetoric about this format. This thread is about upcoming software releases and not about your acceptance of this format.
Crawdaddy

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mr. Crawford.

I too await HD-DVD. I'll be awaiting it with my DVHS player firmly connected to my Widescreen HDTV.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
D-VHS:
still is tape that degrades
still is a linear format without direct access
Thanks for helping to drive away people who want to discuss D-VHS to other online forums that are more tolerant of multiple formats. :rolleyes
God knows nobody here who spends thousands of dollars on HT equipment has any idea as to the pros and cons of different formats without constant reminders from format bashers. :rolleyes

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Thanks for helping to drive away people who want to discuss D-VHS to other online forums that are more tolerant of multiple formats.

God knows nobody here who spends thousands of dollars on HT equipment has any idea as to the pros and cons of different formats without constant reminders from format bashers.
Don't let the naysayers drive you away. It's forums like this that will help educate people on HD-VHS, as well as help buid a user base. I think a lot of these people are just upset to see DVD lost its crown so quickly. After all, many people here have built up a collection of several hundred DVDs. The idea that something better is already out upsets them. It's understandable. There was a similar attitude when laserdisc was ousted for DVD (and I was in that LD boat).

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
My 52" 16X9 HDTV arrives tomorrow.
This D-VHS sounds a little more appealing now. :D
BUT, I'm still in preference of a disc based HD format.

Craig W

Second Unit
Dave,

I am not upset that DVD is not the best of the best anymore. Rather I am upset that technology is taking a step backwards. DVHS is here because JVC is trying to milk it one last time.

I want a HD prerecorded medium with the same features or more that I have come to expect from DVD which are:
1) Easy random access;
2) Easy storage;
3) Added value material;
4) Small form factor; and
5) Long term durability.

I am happy that the industry is not fighting prerecorded HD content tooth and nail, but I don't want to give any dollars to them until it meets my expectations and DVHS does meet my expectations.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Let me state this for the last time, this thread is for discussion about D-VHS software releases and not the pros and cons about the format in question. If you desire to discuss the latter then please, take it to the appropriate thread either already established or start a new thread.
Crawdaddy

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Rob,
Can you give me a heads up on where the player sells for $750???
Much appreciated and I am HIGHLY envious of the members with players!
I recently saw the DEMO tape and was Blown away!
I have a 55" Mits. Diamond that has NEVER gone past 480P and it looks at me every day and says, "Is DVD the BEST you can throw at me? You know I am capable of showing you so much More!" :)
I'd like to see my set's full capability now, not in 3 to 4 years when the CRT's are faded...
:) D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
You know I'm still taken aback at how amazing HDTV looks. Every so often I turn on the PBS affilliate to look at their rotating feed, and I never cease to be amazed at the clarity - not just color but texture and detail. I can't get enough. I do wish all networks would just up and go HD.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Hey Josh:
"Some people are happy enough Chevrolets and some would rather step up to a Mercedes."
I know this isnt the thread, nor the forum either, but my chevrolet corvette z06 is considered a huge step up from many cars on the road today, especially Mercedes...
Might want to revisit this analogy... :D

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Yes Keith, but you can't watch Ice Age in high def, on your corvette, can you ? :)
BTW, two new D-VHS title announcements today: Dirty Dancing (12/15), and Reservoir Dogs(11/15).
I know what I'm getting my girlfriend for Christmas- Patrick Swayze in all his high def glory!
Marc.

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
My concern is that it won't even be available on 11/26. Planet of the Apes came out on 11/5 and I'm still waiting for it to hit a local shop that carries DVHS titles. They say its "on order". I still havn't been able to pick up High Crimes either. If I order from Laseredge or Widescreen Review, do any of you guys think I'll get the movie on the release day?

Thanks,
Chris

Gary Reber

Grip
Well, finally we received formal word from Artisan that Van Wilder in D-Theater format is available. Still our distributor does not have it available for order, but we are working on correcting this situation. We are now taking pre-orders and will ship as soon as we receive product (hopefully sometime next week). You can order at www.DVHSMovieGuide.com for $31.99. I think it is a very funny movie!
Also, we are shipping the D-Theater version of Fox’s Ice Age on Monday, November 25 for delivery on the street date, Tuesday, November 26 (depending on your location). The price is $31.99. A review will appear in the January Issue 68 of Widescreen Review, along with Universal’s Spy Games and The Bone Collector, both now available for order ($39.99) and delivery from www.DVHSMovieGuide.com.
I wish to thank the Home Theater Forum members for supporting Widescreen Review’s www.DVHSMovieGuide.com site. We created this site for the serious home theatre enthusiasts with prerecorded D-VHS and D-Theater HD interests.

Gary Reber

Grip
Well, finally we received formal word from Artisan that Van Wilder in D-Theater format is available. Still our distributor does not have it available for order, but we are working on correcting this situation. We are now taking pre-orders and will ship as soon as we receive product (hopefully sometime next week). You can order at www.DVHSMovieGuide.com for $31.99. I think it is a very funny movie!
Also, we are shipping the D-Theater version of Fox’s Ice Age on Monday, November 25 for delivery on the street date, Tuesday, November 26 (depending on your location). The price is $31.99. A review will appear in the January Issue 68 of Widescreen Review, along with Universal’s Spy Games and The Bone Collector, both now available for order ($39.99) and delivery from www.DVHSMovieGuide.com.
I wish to thank Home Theater Forum members for supporting Widescreen Review’s www.DVHSMovieGuide.com site. We created this site for the serious home theatre enthusiasts with prerecorded D-VHS and D-Theater HD interests.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Yippee-
I just got an e-mail saying that my D-VHS copy shipped today. I have watched the first 20 minutes of my DVD and it looks great(exemplary audio in the first 3 minutes). I am trying to decide whether or not to hold out for the D-VHS copy to hit the mailbox.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Got it! I will be comparing the D-VHS copy directly with my DVD with couple of friends tonight. I hope the difference is substantial in this digital animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks