“Event Horizon” Director’s Cut Has Been Lost

Discussion in 'Movies' started by gadgtfreek, May 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM.

1. gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek Second Unit
    Supporter

Jason
    Man I love this movie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/event-horizon-directors-cut-has-been-lost/

2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Sadly, this has been a known story for a while - I think this came up back when the DVD version first came out, and again when the Blu-ray was released. I really like this movie and would gladly double dip on an extended version of the footage was ever located, but at this point it seems unlikely.

I don't know that I've ever been so terrified in a movie theater. I was the right age, saw it at the right time, and it scared the crap out of me.

3. gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek Second Unit
    Supporter

Jason
    It was def scary, I guess I was 20 at the time. It was the first date with a wonderful girl (she was a movie buff and loved it) I dated for a long time. Will never forget that movie.

4. DavidMiller

DavidMiller Supporting Actor
    Supporter

David Miller
    This is one of the sci-fi horror movies I really enjoyed. Scared the c$%@ out of me. It had a fantastic soundtrack.

5. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I also loved this movie. I would have loved an extended / Directors cut.

I was lucky enough to go see this movie completely blind. Some friends at work decided to leave early on a Friday and go see it. I had heard the title but had not seen any trailers or anything. I miss the days I can see a movie without any pre-conceived ideas.

Event Horizon is a really creepy movie. It effected me at my core for weeks after. I really do not know why. I love horror movies and even the exorcist didn't make feel uncomfortable as much as this movie did.

I don't really know if the fact I had no knowledge of the movie when I saw it was the reason it had such an effect on me or it was simply the subject matter. The way they depicted the pain/agony/torture that was the "hell" dimension in such quick flashes got to me. Maybe it was the flashes activation some subliminal message center in my brain.

Well, I hope they manage to stumble across some archive somewhere they forgot about and can revisit this again.

Sean Bryan likes this.