What's new

Álex de la Iglesia films (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I got exposed to this amazing filmmaker at the spanish film festival at the Egyptian theatre earlier this year, and I'd love to see some of his other work. So far as I can tell, only Accion Mutante and Perdito durango are available on Region 1 DVD, I'm wondering if any of his other films are available on OAR other region DVD, preferably with English subtitles (though I've enough Spanish I could probably get by with Spanish subtitles to help me with the dialogue).

I'm especially interested in any DVD release of the incredibly brilliant 800 Balas, which I want so badly on DVD it's almost painful. :)

Thanks to anyone that can help out.

Adam

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...erm... have you considered getting his movies from Spain (Region 2/PAL discs) - some of them feature optional English subs (feature only, not the extras)...

. . . . . .

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
PAL, unfortunately, is the problem. I can watch PAL here, but at the USC cinema library and not in the comfort of my dorm room. If there are any good multi region or region zero NTSC of his work, I'd really appreciate anyone who could give me a heads up!

Adam

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
All of his films except Accion Mutante are availble with English subs from http://www.dvdgo.com/

You should go to Target and buy the Philips 727 dvd player for $79. It can be made region free with the remote and converts PAL to NTSC correctly.

FYI, the R1 of Perdita Durango is still cut. The Spanish disc is not, either is the German.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks