What's new

À ma soeur! (Fat Girl) on DVD (1 Viewer)

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
After reading the thread on this movie, it seems like fans of this movie/director on this forum are few to none. However, for the Catherine Breillat fans out there, the good news is that the DVD for Fat Girl is available, and it's Region 0! The bad news, maybe for some, is that it's in PAL format. I couldn't play it on my Panasonic, but works fine on my Malata and my Mac.

Tony A

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
If you are talking about the Tartan UK DVD, I remember reading that it was cut and therefore a must to avoid.

From FrenchFilmsonDVD.com:
Unfortunately this film has been cut by the BBFC, and 1m and 28s have been removed from the end of the film. The section which has been cut makes a large impact on the meaning and impact of the film and means that this release should be avoided in favour of a future release in another territory.
There is an uncut French DVD, but it contains no subtitles. Criterion is rumored to be planning a future release.

Ted

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Right you are, Ted. But for now, I'll take whatever is out there, and I'm sure I shall be purchasing the true version when it comes out. Wouldn't a Criterion version just be dandy?

As for the French DVD, well, my French just isn't good enough for me to get by without subtitles. Merde. Pardon my French! :b

Tony A

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
There is an R0 NTSC disc from Asia (not sure if it's HK or Taiwanese) with English subs. Not sure if it's uncut, though -- I would be surprised if it was.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
An uncut DVD of FAT GIRL (with English subs) is due out shortly in Australia, as a PAL format/Region 4 release. It'll definitely be uncut as the film was passed without cuts for theatrical release by the local censorship board, the OFLC. The distributor is (I think) The AV Channel, who typically release titles like this in widescreen but without 16x9 enhancement (though I could be wrong on the 16x9 issue) for a fairly decent disc. It should be easily available from most Oz etailers when it streets in the next month or two. It'll probably be listed as FOR MY SISTER, an English translation of the original French title.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Wow, great to hear that Criterion is on the case. I think I will just have to wait for that one. I don't think anyone will or could handle it better. One of the best films of the last year or two.
Sorry, still have to see a little bit more from you, Wellspring. :D
Jon

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The ideal Criterion DVD set would be a double DVD which includes Catherine Breillat's new film Sex is Comedy which is a fictionalized "making of" for Fat Girl.
Ted

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
An uncut DVD of FAT GIRL (with English subs) is due out shortly in Australia, as a PAL format/Region 4 release. It'll definitely be uncut as the film was passed without cuts for theatrical release by the local censorship board, the OFLC.
Well, it was passed without cuts for theatrical release in the UK, too. They only added cuts for the video release. Hopefully they won't do the same for the R4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks