1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

À ma soeur! (Fat Girl) on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony Aguila, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

After reading the thread on this movie, it seems like fans of this movie/director on this forum are few to none. However, for the Catherine Breillat fans out there, the good news is that the DVD for Fat Girl is available, and it's Region 0! The bad news, maybe for some, is that it's in PAL format. I couldn't play it on my Panasonic, but works fine on my Malata and my Mac.

Tony A

2. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

If you are talking about the Tartan UK DVD, I remember reading that it was cut and therefore a must to avoid.

From FrenchFilmsonDVD.com:

3. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Right you are, Ted. But for now, I'll take whatever is out there, and I'm sure I shall be purchasing the true version when it comes out. Wouldn't a Criterion version just be dandy?

As for the French DVD, well, my French just isn't good enough for me to get by without subtitles. Merde. Pardon my French! :b

Tony A

4. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

There is an R0 NTSC disc from Asia (not sure if it's HK or Taiwanese) with English subs. Not sure if it's uncut, though -- I would be surprised if it was.

5. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

An uncut DVD of FAT GIRL (with English subs) is due out shortly in Australia, as a PAL format/Region 4 release. It'll definitely be uncut as the film was passed without cuts for theatrical release by the local censorship board, the OFLC. The distributor is (I think) The AV Channel, who typically release titles like this in widescreen but without 16x9 enhancement (though I could be wrong on the 16x9 issue) for a fairly decent disc. It should be easily available from most Oz etailers when it streets in the next month or two. It'll probably be listed as FOR MY SISTER, an English translation of the original French title.

6. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Wow, great to hear that Criterion is on the case. I think I will just have to wait for that one. I don't think anyone will or could handle it better. One of the best films of the last year or two.
    Sorry, still have to see a little bit more from you, Wellspring. [​IMG]
    Jon

7. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

The ideal Criterion DVD set would be a double DVD which includes Catherine Breillat's new film Sex is Comedy which is a fictionalized "making of" for Fat Girl.
    Ted

8. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor