(1) Have not updated manually, unless it automatically does so on first setup, just got it within a month or so thought I wouldn't need to. Will try that.
(2) How do I turn off network features?
Ok, I thought everything was running like a champ. And most of my setup is working perfectly for my needs. However, I am starting to have problems with the Blu-ray player freezing, this is happening on about 3/4 of the Blu-ray discs but not all of them and never happens with DVDs. All Roku...
New setup is fantastic. I have everything going through the receiver, including my 4k Roku. I did some fine tuning with EQ and sound modes and everything sounds great. Thank you everyone for your advice and support. I applaud you all. This forum is a fantastic resource.
Thanks! Ok, solved Q2 & Q3. But still need to fine tune the sound. Changed some input/output settings and have everything going from the Denon through HDMI 3 (ARC) to the TV. All visuals look great. Still needs work on the audio.
Q1: what are your crossover settings/bass management with your...
Ok, got the new gear and am trying to set things up today. Limited success and could use some help here. I have the Denon receiver as the hub. I have one HDMI cable from the Denon going to the TV and all devices going into the Denon not the TV. Video looks fantastic from the Sony, through the...
Thanks but I already have a place for it I just need to raise it up higher so my center speaker can be in front of the TV. The supplied stands are too low and the center speaker obscures the screen.
Does this look like a good idea?
VIVO Universal LCD Flat Screen TV Table Top Stand / Base...
(1) Thanks all for the great advice.
(2) I think what I am going to do here is upgrade. My plan unless you guys suggestion otherwise is:
(a) Get a new Denon AVRS730H 7.2 Channel AV Receiver
(b) Get a 4K Roku stick
(c) Get new 4K HDMI cables
(d) Run everything through the receiver
When the receiver was working I had everything going thought it. I do know enough to know that that is the correct way. The only connections to/from the TV to the receiver was a HDMI and a Audio Optical cable. I had my Blu-ray player and PC connected directly to the receiver. But I did use both...
Yes, it has Roku built in. But can you override the built in Roku OS? Also, can an Optical Audio send 7.1 surround sound?
PS - What is the deal with this ARC stuff? Before this TV I was under the impression that one HDMI cable could send video and audio just fine. Why did they need to separate...
2 Floor Standing Mirage Speakers
1 Center Speaker Mirage
2 Surround Speakers Mirage
2 Surround Back Klipsch Speakers
1 Sub Woofer Mirage (22000hz~10hz)
1 Cheap Sony Blu-ray (but looking to upgrade, crazy lipsync issues when I could send it through the old pioneer elite...
(1) I have a TCL 65R617 55" 4K Smart LED TV (2018) and an 10+ year old Pioneer 7.1 Elite Receiver and speakers. The receiver is completely dead. What I would like to do is keep the speakers (which are still in great shape and sound good to me) and swap out a new receiver that would work with my...