What's new
serenity pano
S

serenity pano

While I did not have the budget for professional sound abatement, I took measures to help isolate my home theater area and absorb as much pressure as possible.

Measures taken;
  • DriCore - underlayment (isolates & insulates the carpeted flooring from the concrete, with a half-inch airgap).
  • Floated Walls - attached to the DriCore underlayment, and minimally attached to overhead joists, with dense foam sandwiched at connecting points to deaden sound transmission from walls to floor above.
  • R19 bat insulation in all ceiling and wall cavities to help further deaden sound pressure waves.
  • Acoustical ceiling tile rated for high sound absorption, and low sound reflectivity.
  • Foamcore insulated door.
I can play movies at or close to THX reference levels, and so long as the door remains closed tightly, minimal sound escapes. Any LFE heard are considerably softer than an occasional tricked out car stereo playing bass heavy rap music.

NOTE - I used "CeilingMax" for hanging the ceiling grid - it is far easier installation than a conventional "suspended ceiling", and takes up less than two inches of overhead space.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Spence

Media information

Album
Serenity Home Cinema
Added by
SpenceJT
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating