Bowers & Wilkins says it’s bringing ‘exceptional sound quality and unprecedented value’ to its new 600 Series of loudspeakers in its sixth iteration since inception, and the enhanced range is claimed to bring high-end sound quality within reach.
The British audio brand says that the new speaker set, which is composed of four speakers and matching subwoofers, will now feature several improvements over its predecessors, and will ‘outperform more expensive rivals.’ The company believes that the range is ideal for vinyl enthusiasts, as well as for those looking to improve a multi-channel home theater setup.
“The 600 Series is the perfect entry point into the Bowers & Wilkins high-fidelity audio experience,” said Richard Campbell, Chief Revenue Officer at Bowers & Wilkins. “The new 600 Series embodies the original ethos of John Bowers’ mission to deliver best sound quality and to set new standards for audio performance.”
The company also says that the enhanced quality and value is achieved by integrating higher-end technologies which were first deployed in the Bowers & Wilkins’ flagship 800 Series Diamond range. The new 600 Series is the most affordable range to incorporate the Continuum Cone midrange driver, developed and manufactured by Bowers & Wilkins to improve upon transparency and accuracy of the Kevlar cone. The Continuum Cone will be available in every model in the new 600 Series range.
The new 600 Series introduces an updated version of its acclaimed Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter technology for clearer and more accurate high-frequency performance. This technology, paired with new paper cone low-frequency drivers in the flagship 603, will ensure ‘rich, powerful bass response.’
Color options include Matte Black and Satin White across the entire range. Basic specs of the range are below, as outlined by B&W:
- 603: As the flagship and largest speaker in the series, this floor standing speaker delivers outstanding power, accuracy and musicality with the Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, an FST midrange driver using the Continuum Cone, plus dual paper-cone bass drivers (Price for each: $900, £625, €800)
- 606: For stand or bookshelf use, this compact speaker delivers stunning clarity and tonal purity plus outstanding bass extension combining the Decoupled Double Dome tweeter technology with 6.5-inch Continuum Cone (Price for each: $400, £275, €350)
- 607: Although the smallest in the range, this compact stand or bookshelf speaker offers outstanding bass response and insight from its main 5-inch Continuum Cone mid/bass driver (Price for each: $300, £200, €265)
- HTM6: A slim, dedicated centre channel speaker with considerable power and exceptional precision featuring the Decoupled Double Dome tweeter plus dual 5-inch Continuum Cone mid/bass drivers (Price for each: $599, £399, €529)
- ASW610XP, ASW610 and ASW608: Completing the range are three exceptional subwoofers carried across from the previous 600 Series with updated finishes to match the new range (Price for each ASW610XP: $1,200, £800, €1,100), (Price for each ASW610: $650, £500, €600) and (Price for each ASW608: $500, £400, €450)