At the ISE 2019, Audio Excellence (the sound system division of UK-based film screen brand Screen Excellence) will unveil a new audio concept for large TVs and solid screens that will create an “illusion of sound” coming directly from the center of a hard-surfaced screen, even if the speakers are placed elsewhere in the room. The company has named the idea “UFO” (for Unidentified Flying Object).
Audio Excellence says that the UFO is in keeping with professional cinema practices of placing center, left and right channel speakers on the same horizontal plane and behind an acoustically transparent (A.T.) film screen. Screen Excellence CEO Patrice Congard has previously designed audio products which the company says have set “industry benchmarks” with a patented approach to layout logic and signal routing known as “The Congard Code”, and in 2016 introduced Audio Excellence home cinema sound systems. These consisted of compact yet high-sensitivity, high-SPL on/in-wall loudspeakers, amplifiers and DSP controllers. The systems maximized the initial “Wavefront” of sound, delivering “more realistic” bass with every seat in the room being the sweet spot.
– Audio Excellence completely developed and holds the patent on the technology.
– Audio Excellence will market the solution as UFO.
– UFO will be limited-range speakers with frequency response ranging from 100 Hz-20 kHz.
– UFO is completely compatible with “classic” speakers that will be used as surrounds, subs, etc.
– Audio Excellence will potentially consider a limited number of licensing opportunities.
– The technology is scalable therefore licensees can achieve price points in-line with the segment of the market they serve.