What's new

Paramount:re Raiders and all the INDY DVDs (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
let Spielberg put out each film on separate DVDs, then after Indy 4 is released in say 2006 put out a bonus DVD with addiction extras (ie what Universal did with Jurassic Park, they released each JP film alone then put out a box set after JPIII plus a bonus disc) Just a suggestion

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree. The fact that Paramount doesn't have this out, and Fox doesn't have the Star Wars trilogy, all I can say is, they're certifiable. These would be the biggest selling DVD's ever.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Ok. you guys are faily new to the forum here is the reality about Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

Paramount and Fox have no control of when these will be released, they only distribute the films.

Lucasfilm own all copyrights to these films. They control when, and if, these will be released on DVD.

Daniel L

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Since the only one I care to own is Raiders of the Lost Ark, separate releases would also be my preference.

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that Paramount doesn't have this out, and Fox doesn't have the Star Wars trilogy, all I can say is, they're certifiable.
Obviously, Lucas would rather keep these films off DVD until everyone who saw them is in the nursing home and no longer able to remember them. :angry:
You'd think he and Spielberg would learn from the latter's experience with E.T. Yep, it was real smart of him to "build demand" with a multi-year moratorium on THAT one.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Ok. you guys are fairly new to the forum here is the reality about Star Wars and Indiana Jones...
Daniel, James' starting post was in response to an article in the WSJ (discussed in this thread). It was an interview with Spielberg in which he stated that he and Lucas want to release the movies separately, then later follow up with a re-packaging of all as a set. Paramount apparently wants to do a single boxed set with all three only.
I too would prefer individuals. As long as they are done as special editions, and the eventual boxed set is, in fact, just a re-packaging.
Joel

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
They could do them like GREASE, SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER and URBAN COWBOY were done. Buy em individually, or buy em all at a slight savings over the 3 individual prices.

Andre_L

Auditioning
I agree with Indiana jones, it should come out soon. As far as Star wars goes, I don't think we'll get episode 4,5 and 6 until Episode 3 is release. Maybe a 6 dsc set, possibly?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Please remember to be polite in this area, people. This is not a good place to insinuate bootleg product.

On topic, I personally don't care if the Indy Trilogy is released seperately or as a box since I want all 3, but from other peoples point of view, I can see why it would be a good idea to release them seperately.

I just wish that Paramount and Spielberg/Lucas could get along, so at least we see these on DVD in one form or another within the next couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks