Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Which 27 inch HDTV Ready TV to get?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Beau B

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted December 06 2002 - 09:05 AM

I am thinking of getting the Zenith or the Samsung. Are there any things that would put one ahead of the other. Both are $699.99

Thanks to all

Beau

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   JeremyX

JeremyX

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted December 06 2002 - 03:02 PM

I have not seen the Zenith...but the 27" Samsung (HDTV 2798) is incredible. I just posted in another thread about this TV. I love the picture and the sound. And to have HDTV as a possibility is fantastic. I went through the Sony and Panasonic and finally the Samsung, it really was saving the best for last.

I could not be more pleased and I am ultra picky when it comes to TV's. Good luck bud! Posted Image

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Seth_L

Seth_L

Screenwriter

• 1,553 posts

Posted December 07 2002 - 08:24 AM

I bought the Samsung. I didn't really see anything wrong with the Zenith, I just wasn't down with the silver cabinet.

Seth

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   NateLindsey

NateLindsey

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted January 14 2003 - 08:41 AM

I've been looking at both of these and I know a big plus that the Samsung has is that both Component Inputs are autosensing and the ones on the Zenith are specific, 1 for 640p and one for 1080i.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker

Second Unit

• 383 posts

Posted January 14 2003 - 08:44 AM

I recommend avoiding the Zenith. It's not terrible but the Samsung is most certainly a more solid set overall.

Dan.b

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   bill_slenter

bill_slenter

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 09:19 AM

I have the Zenith and am quite happy with it (I started a topic on it in this forum a few weeks ago). There are a few little things I wish were better, but for $699 you can't beat this TV. I didn't know about the Samsung - wish I had because I could have done a little more comparitive shopping.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 07:51 AM

What do you specifically like about the Samsung? Are there any reviews you could reference? What I'm looking for is a 27-32" HD-ready 4:3 set with vertical compression and maximum width less than 34" and depth less than 24". And it must be flat screen. From the specs online the Samsung meets all of these requirements. Just never seen one properly calibrated.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."