What's new

Fargo SE???? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Well, there you go - patience IS a virtue. At least it eliminates redundancy.

This is a gem of a film, quiet yet powerful, simple yet extremely nuanced. Whenever I watch it, I live in each character, in every setting.

Helps that I'm in MinneSOHta.

MatS

Screenwriter
well I would guess by now 3/4 is out of the question...
this now raises a new question... is any of this info legit?
anyone here anything from any reliable sources?

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I think there has been confusion here--I think people are referring to the Region 2 release, which is old news (I believe it's being released in the UK on 4/01).
MGM/UA is known to be working on an R-1 Fargo SE due for release sometime in 2003, but it hasn't been announced yet.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
There have been reports at alt.movies.coen-brothers and alt.video.dvd (well, actually a single report double-posted) that the R2's framing is noticeably different than previous DVD releases. If there is a framing issue, we may be able to avoid a "Back to the Future"-type fiasco by raising awareness right now. If you're interested, here's the original post:

Guys, I have just double checked everything and I made a mistake about the
"salesman" thing being written on Jerrys Picture. It's not supposed to be,
but the picture on the SE version is definately "zoomed in" (strange that
this still shot kept in my mind and I noticed a difference!) as on the
original version, one can see the whole label with his name on it, and the
SE version has some of the label cut off the bottom and a slight bit of the
text cut off.

So definately somethings amiss!??!

.Si.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
The current R1 has 'zoomed' framing. Several of us noticed this when the disc was first released. It's definitely 'zoomed' compared to the LaserDisc and I *believe* compared to the original non-anamorphic DVD too.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It's on its way to r4 as well.
Press release
Fargo
Available to BUY on DVD and VHS June 18, 2003
Filmmaking siblings Joel Coen and Ethan Coen both embraced and poked satirical fun at their rural Minnesota roots with this comedy-drama-thriller that earned seven Oscar nominations, winning for Best Actress and Best Original Screenplay.
When a pair of motorists are found slain not far from the corpse of a state trooper, Marge Gunderson, a pregnant police chief whose affable, folksy
demeanor masks a whip-smart mind. When a pair of motorists are found slain not far from the corpse of a state trooper, Marge begins piecing together a case involving a pair of dopey would-be kidnappers. Things go predictably wrong and a series of murders occur, with Marge, waddling
along behind her enormous belly and ever-hungering for an all-you-can-eat buffet, hot on the trail of the killers.
Starring: Frances Mc Dormand/ Steve Buscemi
Director and Producer: Joel Coen
FILM FACTS:
Rated: R
Feature Running Time: 94 minutes
DVD Special Features:
Trailers
TV Spots
Documentary- "Minnesota Nice"
Interview with Coen Brothers
American Cinematographer Article
The Coen Brothers Family Tree
Trivia Track
And pre-orders are available at EzyDVD
Can't comment on the framing issue, as I obviously haven't seen the disc yet, but hopefully it's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks