-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

24: Season 2 - Hour 6 - 12/03/02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#1 of 71 Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter

• 1,565 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 10:36 AM

Well, some people avoid promos too.

But...if you're one who avoids promos and doesn't want anything spoiled, why are you reading a thread about an episode you haven't seen yet? :wink:
~Bill

#2 of 71 Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter

• 1,565 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 03:07 AM

Quote:
* The blonde sisters have an argument (twice if you don't consider the scene to be filler material)
Three times if they use the phrase "I'm your sister." Posted Image

Posted Image Great episode! Come on guys...you really think Reza wouldn't lie to get out of the situation or buy some time. Just because he point the finger at Warner doesn't mean he's not guilty. Posted Image (I thing Warner is dirty too, but I also am maintaining the possibility that Reza is lying, and so should Tony.)

And that look Jack gave Nina at the end was absolutely priceless. Jack is the man!
~Bill

#3 of 71 BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,552 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 05:20 AM

Quote:
Also, are we sure Jack drugged that guy? Or could it have been someone working for Nina's company, i.e. Jack could open up those van doors next week and find himself in a lot of trouble.
I think Jack's reaction would have been considerably less pleasant if someone other than he had drugged Miller. Agents don't usually smile when they see their colleagues suddenly lose consciousness for unknown reasons.

Speculation Spoiler:
I, for one, don't think Miller was even drugged. I think he was just play-acting under George's (and Jack's) orders in order to put more pressure on Nina.

-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#4 of 71 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 04:10 PM

It'll be on next week. I'm guessing we'll get 2 more weeks, and then a 2-week break for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#5 of 71 Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 04:30 AM

Just watched it here (at work...it pays to work for a Fox AffiliatePosted Image). Pretty cool stuff. Lots of action, a few plot twists, one fairly LARGE revelation.
President Palmer's Ex shows back up with a few interesting tid-bits
and the first of what sure to be a few showdowns...of sorts...between Jack and Nina.

Oh, and by the way, Kim's still stupid (probably moreso this week than ever before).
Regards,
Paul

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#6 of 71 Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 07:27 AM

Spoiler? Where's the spoiler? Holy cow I tried to be VERY careful! Was that it? I thought I saw that a couple of time in the promo....sorry!

Regards,
Paul

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#7 of 71 Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 02:11 PM

Lenny,

I did watch it at work and DID NOT mean to leak sensitive information...

I'm so sorry to have spoiled this for EVERYONE! I love this show and didn't know I had to have permission to post here.
Regards,
Paul

--Benjamin Franklin

#8 of 71 Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 12:41 AM

Not a problem Mike...I was just trying to get up the excitement for this show. Our Fox rep contacted us last week AFTER the show and asked us to step up the promotion of last nights episode because "it was the best of the season so far!" or something to that effect.

I particularly liked the smug little look Miguel gave Mr. Bad Father right before he "Open the Can of Whoop-A**"Posted Image! But as I elaborated to in my first post...how could they be STUPID ENOUGH to steal the guys car????? Yeah, the police won't be all over them in a New York Minute for that!!!!

While there are many problems wth this show as far as the real-time aspect goes but it's still a very daring hour of Network Televsion!
Regards,
Paul

--Benjamin Franklin

#9 of 71 Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 04:59 PM

As long as Kim continues to run around in loose fitting tops, I see no reason to minimize her involvement in the show. My only request: Please run the shots of her running in SLOW MOTION.

Thank you very much.

#10 of 71 Jeff R.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator

• 175 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 07:22 PM

I don't think any of the bad characters we've been introduced to so far actually know anything about the nuke. I think this season will be a lot like last season where we won't find out who is really behind the whole thing until halfway or two-thirds the of the way through the season.

Palmer's Ex hasn't changed a bit. Every single word that comes out of her mouth is an attempt to manipulate everyone and everything around her.

Too many people know about the nuke threat now. It won't be long till everyone knows.

I've been a bit suspicious of Palmer's aide for a while. (I forget her character name; it is the one that played Ensign Ro in Star Trek). Anyway, if this political conspiracy pans out, I think she might be involved.

#11 of 71 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 03:46 AM

I can't wait. Season 2 keeps getting better. I wish they'd run a marathon already so more people could hop on!
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#12 of 71 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 01:42 AM

Excellent hour. I cheered Jack's drugging of Miller. He's really putting the screws to Nina. She should be ****ting herself right about now.

Lady McPalmer will be an asset this season, I beleive, but that doesn't mean that she's not still in it for herself. I don't think there is anyone I trust implicitly on Palmer's staff. Currently I trust Jack, Palmer, Mason, and Almeida.

Kim is an idiot, but she's got Spirit. I hope she can make it out of LA without doing something else to get herself in trouble, but I doubt it. What do you do when you get arrested? Tell the police why you are fleeing the city?

Palmer considerred the possibility tonight that an American planned and executed the helicopter crash to sabbotage the diplomats. Is it possible that an American planned the nuclear attack to license the country to go to war?
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#13 of 71 Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 08:02 AM

(admin note - move along, nothing to see...)

#14 of 71 Jehan

Jehan

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 05:04 PM

Everything ran as expected tonight, but Jack's scenes with Nina were great stuff. The mind boggles at how it will eventually play out.

As for the Reza/Warner thing, I wonder who else will be involved in the whole affair. I thought for a while Marie might be in on it, but now I'm not so sure.

All in all, the episodes seem to be consistently solid this season (well aside from that wierd Kim arc).

Home Theater • 2004 Film List • 2003 Film List • 2002 Film List • 2001 Film List

#15 of 71 PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 11:39 PM

Lenny, that's what they did last season. Posted Image

Also, are we sure Jack drugged that guy? Or could it have been someone working for Nina's company, i.e. Jack could open up those van doors next week and find himself in a lot of trouble.

Two tickets to Mexico City? Methinks someone else knows about the bomb...

#16 of 71 PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 02:17 AM

Quote:
how could they be STUPID ENOUGH to steal the guys car?????

It's in-character for Kim, unfortunately. For a moment there I thought she was being smart, by taking his keys so he couldn't follow them. Of course, if she'd just done that much, it'd be the end of the Kim subplot.

And now, in readiness for next week's ep:

The 24 Drinking Game
====================

Take one sip of your favourite alcoholic beverage when:

* Jack loses it
* Kim avoids an easy way out of danger (twice if she instead makes the stupidest decision available)
* Someone gets around LA too fast
* Someone lies to Palmer (twice if it's for his own good)
* Nina gives a dastardly look towards camera
* Mason tries to stop Jack doing something (twice if he actually succeeds)
* Characters seem to be standing still during the missing minutes in the last advert break
* Megan complains that her head hurts
* Jack tries to contact Kim (twice if he succeeds, three times if she follows his advice)
* Mason coughs (twice if anyone notices)
* Squeaky-clean Palmer does something underhanded (for the sake of the country)
* The blonde sisters have an argument (twice if you don't consider the scene to be filler material)
* Jack breaks the rules (twice if it involves killing someone)
* Somebody tries to get a message to Palmer and fails
* Jack's dead wife is mentioned (five times if it's added how annoying she was)

#17 of 71 MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 01:56 PM

Kim's friend kicked some ass, but if Kim keeps running that kid around town she's gonna end up killing her because of the concussion.
Michael Alletto

#18 of 71 MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 05:50 AM

Quote:
Too many people know about the nuke threat now. It won't be long till everyone knows.

I wonder if they will take the show in the direction that the public gets the information about a nuke threat. Will they take it so far as to cause mass panic that impacts Jack's abilities to find the bomb and causes the military to move in and declare martial law in LA? Kim is gonna get arrested for sure since she stole the car. I bet eventually she takes the police on a chase in the car and ends up crashing it into whatever vehicle is carrying the nuke, just as Jack comes flying around the corner carrying the head of Nina in one hand and pistol in the other.
Michael Alletto

#19 of 71 MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
Lemme guess, they'll forget to check the fuel gauge.

Nah...they'll have to go to the hospital again, the little girl still is not ok. I bet the mother is in the trunk. They'll end up stupidly wrecking the car somehow and be back on foot.
Michael Alletto

#20 of 71 VicRuiz

VicRuiz

Second Unit

• 395 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
Michelle Forbes character, Lynne, will probably turn out to have some ties to the nuke threat. They spent too much time getting the president to trust her (and dispatching Rayburn) to not to have a traitorous payoff at the end. I'll be surprised if she remains on the good side in the end.

I don't know about that. There were several points last season when we thought Tony could be the mole and he turned out to be one of the good guys at the end.
Vic Ruiz
Protect Fair Use. Support Boucher and Lofgren.

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow