What's new

Fox Properties NOT Discussed in 12/02 Chat (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i was going back over the transcript from 2001 and noticed a few good titles that weren't brought up in the most recent chat.
thought it might be a good idea to compile a list, and if someone from the studio happens to pass by, maybe they can drop a little word (or not)
the point of this thread is not to talk about titles that were mentioned and are not on the schedule.
just titles that weren't mentioned at all (and whose status remains completely unkown)

here's a couple to start;

A Letter To Three Wives
Ghost & Mrs. Muir
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'd like to see an SE of Broadcast News, or at least a bare-bones anamorphically-enhanced edition. The current one isn't 16x9.
Link Removed

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Cluny Brown by Ernst Lubitsch, with Charles Boyer and Jennifer Jones.

(BTW, in response to a question asked in the chat: As far as I know, Fox doesn't own the rights to the original To Be Or Not To Be. Warners released it on VHS, and I assume they still have the DVD rights unless something's changed.)

I was going to ask about WKRP In Cincinnati, but between the music issues and the poor sales of Mary Tyler Moore I think we can safely assume that that one is staying in the vaults. (A best-of disc with "Turkeys Away" and "Frog Story" and "Real Families" etc. would still be nice, though.)

Will K

Screenwriter
NAKED LUNCH. Hopefully, Fox will exterminate all rational thought and give us this DVD.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd like to see Holy Matrimony on DVD. It has yet to be issued on ANY video format, so it would be nice to have it debut on the best format as of now.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I'd love to see a remastered, anamorphic edition of Boondock Saints come out. I know there's a sequel planned for the film, so I guess I'm hoping that might prompt a better version.
Mr. Staddon has addressed this title on the forum before, saying something about how the studio they got the distribution rights from didn't want to spend the extra money on the production of the DVD or something like that. It may still be out of Fox's hands, but it'd be nice to have.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I've got one Fox title on my most wanted list and there was no mention of it in Monday's chat: Silver Streak.
Rob

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Ox-Bow Incident
The Mark of Zorro
Zorba the Greek
The Gunfighter
Unfaithfully Yours
The Flight of the Phoenix
How to Steal a Million
Lifeboat
5 Fingers
Viva Zapata!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ken,
Several of the titles you have mentioned in your post will be coming out in 2003.

Crawdaddy

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Sleeping With The Enemy
Ford Fairlaine
Mrs Doubtfire 10th Anniv. SE

I wanted to ask about these but never could get in a turn for a question

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
According to Peter, Millers Crossing and Barton Fink are coming out in early 2003. But what about an anamorphic Raising Arizona?

Or how about Office Space - Special Edition?

Users who are viewing this thread