-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Pay Pal. How to downgrade from Premier to Personal account

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 02:55 AM

I really don't use pay pal to often and when I do I get hammered with their fees. I currently have a Premier account set up with them but I would like to downgrade to a personal account to avoid their fees. I've searched their help screen and couldn't fine the info to do so.

#2 of 5 John Thomas

John Thomas

Screenwriter

• 2,636 posts

Posted December 03 2002 - 07:07 AM

Robert, as with many of these types of internet businesses, they tend to shove this type of information into a deep dark corner, somewhere where it's very hard to access it.
What I would do is write an e-mail to theircustomer service department asking for information on how to do what you're asking. If they don't respond within a reasonable amonut of time, e-mail again demanding they do what you say and date it stating that you won't accept any more fees after that date. That usually works for me.

#3 of 5 Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 02:56 AM

Thanks John.

#4 of 5 John Miles

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 03:13 AM

Bad idea. A Personal account will have all sorts of constraints on it, including severe limitations on your ability to accept credit-card payments (if they still allow Personal accounts to accept them at all).

Even with their fees, PayPal is still just about the cheapest way an individual seller can accept credit card payments. They add tremendous value to auctions and sales by making life easy for the buyer. If you spend any time looking into alternative ways to accept online payments, you'll conclude that PayPal's Premier account is not such a ripoff after all. Rest assured that there aren't any free rides left in this part of the dot-com sector.

#5 of 5 Greg*go

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

• 941 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 05:19 AM

I'm not that familiar with the Premier accounts, but I can verify that PayPal personal accounts do accept credit cards. But the fees are still there.

You should go here... PayPal fees w/ diff accounts and here Differences between PayPal accounts to see if it's worth it for you to downgrade your account.
I certainly don't expect anyone to remember me 65 years after I die, but you wouldn't know that from the way I act.