What's new

Joe Millionaire (1 Viewer)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I absolutely hate reality TV; but I can't wait to see the last episode when the "winner" reacts.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Indeed. How is the winner going to "act". I wonder? Everyone knows they're on TV, so what the hell is the woman put on the spot going to say? "I'm an asshole and I want nothing more to do with you?"

Sorry, these "reality" shows have nothing to do with reality. All these people are aspiring actors, actresses, want their 15mins of fame, and will do their best to put on a good show. If they have any sense at all, regardless of how they really feel (as if that has anything to do with it) they'll keep the fake relationship going to extend their 15mins as long as possible.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I always thought Alex McCloud was much better than that little pixie they've not got on Trading Spaces.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
The butler, Paul "For the last time, I'm not Crocodile Dundee" Hogan, is the guy to watch. He has a deliciously evil streak to him. And hey, I'm all about the evil ;)
De

Kevin*R

Agent
So far the show isn't as polished as the Bachelor series, but I like the concept. Let the gold-diggers be the losers for once. With all the advertising I was hoping for a bit more excitement.

The construction guy gets quickly tonque tied, he's trying hard to land one of the beauties. Sure hope Fox is paying him something for his embarassment.

There are many things unbelievable in this show. The biggest blunder, he inherited $50 million which would be sliced and diced by taxes and lawyers leaving maybe $25million. The land, castle, and furnishings look to be well over $50 million in value. Didn't they say the true homeowner was a billionaire?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was hilarious when Evan even said about one of the "contestants" that he didn't think she was a gold digger. Heh.

I sort of like Zora's looks. Mojo is just trouble, and so is that other bank teller (blonde tresses). I do like the sweet blonde one, and Melissa does have a radiant smile.

At least Evan isn't joe suave and does have those "deer in the headlights" moments. I guess he'll be able to make it to the very end with the charade. How any woman who might truly fall for him could actually love him after he tells the truth is beyond me. The whole premise is to see how many women are of the gold digging type, and to participate in this show is to basically agree with this premise. Could any woman really find true love with Evan after all of this? I doubt it.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
There are many things unbelievable in this show. The biggest blunder, he inherited $50 million which would be sliced and diced by taxes and lawyers leaving maybe $25million. The land, castle, and furnishings look to be well over $50 million in value. Didn't they say the true homeowner was a billionaire?
I thought the same thing but I remember some point where they said (I think they told the girls this) that Evan agreed to come to France to do the show after he inherited the money. The implication being that he was not tied to the house in any way, they were just using it as a set.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So who will he pick?

I'm thinking a final 3 of Melissa M (curly tresses), Zora (reminds me of a bigger version of Charlotte from "Sex and the City"), and Mojo (gold digger supreme).

Am I the only one who thinks Evan's hair is really nasty?

It'd be really funny if Evan really did have a big bank account, that would be quite a "test" for the "lucky lady" that he chooses, and whether or not money was really the attraction.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I wathced this first episode last night and my girlfriend and I agree that Heidi is going to be a bitch.
Is that "Mojo"?
I really like her, no, not like that, just that she will definitly spice up the show. I hope she gets far ;)
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the concept of this show! How money clouds the judgement of many women is pretty unbelievable. "He rides well"??!! Gimli could have done better than that!!! :eek:
--
Holadem

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Personally, I think this whole concept is a fraud, especially the mock humility that he shows at the beginning in trying to convince us that he's just an average "Joe". A local radio station here in Atlanta (99X) interviewed one of the girls that got the early boot (she is from the metro Atlanta area and a cheerleader for the Georgia Force) and she commented how Evan seemed like a fairly decent guy - although being a goofball. But get this....Evan is not only a construction worker, but he is also a male model on the side. This isn't just a regular "Joe" as Fox would have us to believe, but is somewhat known in some of the social circles. C'mon Fox, how many construction workers who look like him are just floating around looking for "true love"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks