Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Laugh out loud comedies?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 of 62 OFFLINE   James Bergeron

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 01:06 AM

Rat Race, I truely LOL the whole movie. Although hit and miss I enjoyed Goldmember last night. The Emperor's New Groove. I don't see what's funny about "Some Like it Hot" Must be a generation gap thing.
My Home Theatre, 25,000 visitors and growing faster than ever!

#42 of 62 OFFLINE   Jalil

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 02:53 AM

Planes, Trains and automobiles. Throw mama from the train. national lampoons christmas vacation Dirty rotten scoundrels.
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony (Snatch)

"Where were you last night?, That's so long ago I don't remember."
"Will I see you tonight? I never make plans that far ahead." (Casablanca)
My DVD Collection

#43 of 62 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 03:41 AM

The rumor at alt.movies.silent is that the sound Laurel & Hardy films will be coming out on DVD in R1 next year. So that should take care of Xmas 2003...

For this year, though, since your father-in-law is apparently a guy Posted Image you can't go wrong with one of the Columbia collections of Three Stooges shorts. No guy worth his salt can resist a good woo woo and an eyepoke. Stay away from the non-Columbia ones, which are poor quality, though.

#44 of 62 OFFLINE   Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

• 1,551 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 04:06 AM

[list=1][*]Snatch[*]Bowfinger[*]Bowfinger[*]Office Space[*]Meet the Parents[/list=1]
"I'm your Huckleberry"

#45 of 62 OFFLINE   Lee_eel

Lee_eel

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 05:30 AM

Airplane and Naked Gun. Can't think of too many others though. Comedy on tv is a different matter however. Most episodes of Only Fools and Horses, The Royle Family and Fawlty Towers to name three. As far as US tv goes i only really found Roseanne funny and occasionally Friends! No offence, but you guys don't make very good comedy shows.

#46 of 62 OFFLINE   TedT

TedT

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 06:03 AM

MEET THE PARENTS!!! The DVD has a couple commentaries & features. The movie was so funny (and I like gross-out comedies, but I still enjoyed this greatly) that I was laughing at parts that I shouldn't have laughed at because I was laughing at something that happened 5 minutes earlier!

#47 of 62 OFFLINE   Josh J

Josh J

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 07:28 AM

I thought Meet the Parents was great!

#48 of 62 OFFLINE   Peter Kline

Peter Kline

Screenwriter

• 2,409 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 07:36 AM

"The Critic", an animated short film narrated by Mel Brooks circa the 1960s. Also "The Dove" a short Bregmanesque film with double-talk Swedish language and English subtitles. Anybody old enough to remember these?

#49 of 62 OFFLINE   Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 08:11 AM

Midnight Run The Big Lebowski Let it Ride Monty Python and The Holy Grail Meet the Parents Kentucky Fried Movie Barfly

#50 of 62 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 08:37 AM

Midnight Run Planes, Trains & Automobiles Groundhog Day Big

#51 of 62 OFFLINE   Rob-Gr

Rob-Gr

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 09:38 AM

Depends on if you want classic comedy, stupid comedy, or new comedy. Classic His Girl Friday Arsenic and old Lace most Cary Grant movies are good choices Stupid Any Pink Panther movie with Peter Sellers, esp Pink Panther Strikes Again. Spaceballs History of the World Part 1 Blazing Saddles There's something about Mary Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail The Blues Brothers Mallrats Tommy Boy Half Baked The Naked Gun Airplane! New Rush Hour 1 and 2 MIB 1 Super Troopers This should get you started

#52 of 62 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 11:02 AM

[quote] The Big Lebowski (You'll be quoting from this film for weeks!) [quote]

My last words on my death bed will be, "Shut up Donny!"

#53 of 62 OFFLINE   Jedrek

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 11:55 AM

OFFICE SPACE!!!!! Thats an awesome movie!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My Ever Growing DVD Collection
**My New Home Theater//UNDER CONSTRUCTION**

#54 of 62 OFFLINE   Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 01:29 PM

>>Probably the funnest time I ever had during a first-run movie was Animal House. I don't know if it's available on DVD or not. << It's on DVD and there's a collector's edition, another one that I am surprised it wasn't mentioned until so late. It put John Landis on the map and kind of started the whole "Frat house" movie industry.

#55 of 62 OFFLINE   Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter

• 1,266 posts

Posted December 04 2002 - 04:48 PM

Don't forget; Stripes Real Genius The Hollywood Knights Where the Buffalo Roam So I married an Ax Murder Major League Trading Places Wonder Boys All these movies have me quoting for days
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru ?

#56 of 62 OFFLINE   Peter Kline

Peter Kline

Screenwriter

• 2,409 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 12:18 AM

I usually stay away from "awesome" movies. The word is so over-used it means nothing to me anymore Posted Image

Although not films, for low-down silly, "dirty" stuff you can't beat Benny Hill. True burlesque, slapstick humor.

#57 of 62 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted December 05 2002 - 03:25 AM

Wow! fifty-something responses and no Raising Arizona!

You guys are slipping. Posted Image

Gale: Alright ya' hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.
Old Man In Bank: Well, which is it young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'ma gonna be in motion. You see--
Gale: Shut up!
Old Man In Bank: Okay then.
Gale: Everybody down on the ground!
Evelle: Y'all can just forget that part about freezin' now.
Gale: Better still to get down there.
Evelle: Yeah, y'all hear that, don't ya'?
[Everybody lays down. Gale looks at the now-empty teller windows.]
Gale: Shit! Where'd all the tellers go?!
Teller's voices: We're down here sir.
Evelle: They're on the floor as you commanded, Gale.
Posted Image

#58 of 62 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,996 posts

Posted June 01 2003 - 02:16 PM

Airheads Animal House Big Daddy Billy Madison Caddyshack A Christmas Story Ghostbusters Happy Gilmore Meatballs Mr. Deeds My Big Fat Greek Wedding One Crazy Summer The Sandlot Summer School Up the Creek The Waterboy The Wedding Singer

#59 of 62 OFFLINE   Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter

• 1,568 posts

Posted June 01 2003 - 03:36 PM

Ernst Lubitsch's Trouble in Paradise and The Shop Around the Corner are simply peerless and both available on excellent DVDs. Even though it's not a comedy per se, The Blob (the original 1958 version with Steve McQueen) never fails to have me in stitches.

#60 of 62 OFFLINE   DavidAC

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted June 01 2003 - 04:42 PM

What About Bob? (Richard Dreyfuss is so funny in this flick) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Galaxy Quest (one of my faves) Ghostbusters Meet the Parents Young Frankenstein It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (laugh a minute) Office Space Monty Python and the Holy Grail Airplane The Naked Gun Army of Darkness There's Something About Mary Couple of guilty pleasure comedies The Burb's Zoolander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users