Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Does anyone know what happened to Crimson Tide SE and BlackHawk Down SE?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 of 72 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 08:01 AM

Both of these discs are finished. Crimson Tide was supposed to be released in 2002 in Region 1 and is still MIA. Has it been cancelled or something?

According to the producer of BlackHawk Down's SE, work was finished. This was supposed to be a 1st quarter 2003 release, yet we've heard absolutely nothing on this 3-disc set. Does anybody know anything on a possible release date for this?

Regards,
Dan

#2 of 72 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 08:16 AM

re: Black Hawk Down SE

I think we received the unofficial specs a few months ago and the first quarter 2003 release, but that's about it. I'm very curious to know what happened because we should have gotten the street date by now.

re: Crimson Tide

I don't think we've heard anything about a R1 release for awhile. My guess is that it's been canceled.

Also, does anyone know what happened to the Panic Room SE?

#3 of 72 OFFLINE   Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 08:17 AM

Last I heard Feb. But this was an unconfirmed date.

Oops forgot that was for Black Hawk Down.

#4 of 72 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 08:18 AM

Quote:
Last I heard Feb. But this was an unconfirmed date.

For Black Hawk Down?

#5 of 72 OFFLINE   Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 10:26 AM

Crimson Tide SE is available in any R2 country.
BHD SE is available in France or Belgium in a great 3DVDset with superb packaging (still no DTS though)
HTH

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
Aldous Huxley

#6 of 72 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 10:59 AM

If it's February, we should have heard something. I think 1st Quarter of next year is slowly slipping away.

Regards,
Dan

#7 of 72 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
BHD SE is available in France or Belgium in a great 3DVDset with superb packaging (still no DTS though)
Does the R2 version have a commentary track recorded by veterans from the actual mission?

#8 of 72 OFFLINE   Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 12:35 PM

Jeez, I hope the BHD SE hasn't been canceled. I've put off buying the "reg." edition in anticipation of this. Someone say it ain't so!
"I just pre-ordered I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, even though I have no job."

#9 of 72 OFFLINE   Declan

Declan

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 01:15 PM

heres my review thread for the r2 and i've included pics of the disc artwork/packaging for the Belgium 3 disc version, so at least you know what your getting on the r1 3 disc.

http://www.hometheat...black hawk down
"So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed"

#10 of 72 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 05:31 PM

I'm waiting on Panic Room. I hate the new Columbia SE policy. Like cancelling all the supplements from Sixth Day and rereleasing it later... it's become a pattern.

Any word on the Resident Evil SE with deleted scenes and a making of? Or are they waiting until Nemesis is released (Hope not, it hasn't even started filming)? I wish they'd drop the price on Starship Troopers and Mask of Zorro to make up for it! Posted Image
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#11 of 72 OFFLINE   Adrian_P

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 05:59 PM

I too have been holding off Black Hawk Down because Ridley Scott films get some great special editions and hopefully it will come with a DTS track.

There is a so called Crimson Tide Special Edition in Region 4. Here are links to two review for those interested.

http://www.michaeldv....?ReviewID=1609

http://www.dvd.net.a...?review_id=1567

#12 of 72 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,278 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 07:06 PM

Don't be surprised if there is no DTS track on BHD:SE. This would be an ideal Superbit movie a year or so after the SE.

Read the reviews for the R4 Crimson Tide; only making me want the R1 SE even more.

#13 of 72 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 08:35 PM

I'm glad I picked up BHD used over the summer...I'd be dying if I hadn't.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#14 of 72 OFFLINE   Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted December 02 2002 - 04:16 AM

From what I understand and I have heard this second hand yesturday after I talked to a friend regarding this post. He stated that the hold up seems to be with Ridley Scott. Now I know Mr. Scott is a fan of DVD look at the great disc's he has done with the studios before (Legend, Gladiator). So can anyone else confirm if this is true? And if it is what the deal is with the hold up.

#15 of 72 OFFLINE   Declan

Declan

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted December 02 2002 - 06:42 AM

Adrain said:
Quote:
There is a so called Crimson Tide Special Edition in Region 4. Here are links to two review for those interested

the same version is out on r2 as well. The only difference (that I can make out) regarding extras that were'nt on the great THX LD is that there are a few deleted scenes, the making of and trailer that were on the LD are on this too, Nice but not much of a SpEd though.
"So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed"

#16 of 72 OFFLINE   Tom_Bechet

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted December 02 2002 - 06:57 AM

Quote:
Does the R2 version have a commentary track recorded by veterans from the actual mission?

YES the DVD has 3 commentaries and a very funny easter egg, Dos and Don'ts of commentaries (eg: actors don't need to say that Ridley is a genius, we all know it and Do not try to be funny u are not)

Quote:
heres my review thread for the r2 and i've included pics of the disc artwork/packaging for the Belgium 3 disc version, so at least you know what your getting on the r1 3 disc.

Declan your link for the review doesn't work!! (or is it me? well it is me: a copy paste works direct klick doesn't)

HTH

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
Aldous Huxley

#17 of 72 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,278 posts

Posted December 02 2002 - 07:03 AM

I would just be happy with a real nice transfer on Crimson Tide.

#18 of 72 OFFLINE   michael deakin

michael deakin

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts
  • LocationWarrington

Posted December 18 2002 - 08:24 AM

Hi guys.
Having just seen the region 2 "black hawk down se" in my local store. I was wondering when the region 1 version will be available.
michael.

#19 of 72 OFFLINE   MikeEckman

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted December 18 2002 - 08:27 AM

I am curious too. This was one of those movies I was on the fence about buying when it was first announced. Then I heard that an SE was on it's way, so I held off on buying (or even seeing) the original. I'm getting antsy and am wondering if I should just rent it or wait for the SE comes out.
Mike Eckman
Chicago Heights, IL
Music Webpage: http://www.metalreviewcentre.com
Car Webpage: http://www.metalrevi...com/transam.htm

#20 of 72 OFFLINE   Eric Bass

Eric Bass

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted December 30 2002 - 03:02 AM

I've heard rumors this was supposed to arrive Q1 2k3 and that it is going to be a Criterion. Does anyone have any facts concerning this release?

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow