What's new

Does anyone know what happened to Crimson Tide SE and BlackHawk Down SE? (2 Viewers)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Both of these discs are finished. Crimson Tide was supposed to be released in 2002 in Region 1 and is still MIA. Has it been cancelled or something?

According to the producer of BlackHawk Down's SE, work was finished. This was supposed to be a 1st quarter 2003 release, yet we've heard absolutely nothing on this 3-disc set. Does anybody know anything on a possible release date for this?

Regards,
Dan

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
re: Black Hawk Down SE
I think we received the unofficial specs a few months ago and the first quarter 2003 release, but that's about it. I'm very curious to know what happened because we should have gotten the street date by now.
re: Crimson Tide
I don't think we've heard anything about a R1 release for awhile. My guess is that it's been canceled.
Also, does anyone know what happened to the Panic Room SE?

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Crimson Tide SE is available in any R2 country.
BHD SE is available in France or Belgium in a great 3DVDset with superb packaging (still no DTS though)
HTH

DanR

Supporting Actor
If it's February, we should have heard something. I think 1st Quarter of next year is slowly slipping away.

Regards,
Dan

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Jeez, I hope the BHD SE hasn't been canceled. I've put off buying the "reg." edition in anticipation of this. Someone say it ain't so!

Joel C

Screenwriter
I'm waiting on Panic Room. I hate the new Columbia SE policy. Like cancelling all the supplements from Sixth Day and rereleasing it later... it's become a pattern.
Any word on the Resident Evil SE with deleted scenes and a making of? Or are they waiting until Nemesis is released (Hope not, it hasn't even started filming)? I wish they'd drop the price on Starship Troopers and Mask of Zorro to make up for it! ;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Don't be surprised if there is no DTS track on BHD:SE. This would be an ideal Superbit movie a year or so after the SE.

Read the reviews for the R4 Crimson Tide; only making me want the R1 SE even more.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm glad I picked up BHD used over the summer...I'd be dying if I hadn't.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
From what I understand and I have heard this second hand yesturday after I talked to a friend regarding this post. He stated that the hold up seems to be with Ridley Scott. Now I know Mr. Scott is a fan of DVD look at the great disc's he has done with the studios before (Legend, Gladiator). So can anyone else confirm if this is true? And if it is what the deal is with the hold up.

Declan

Second Unit
Adrain said:
There is a so called Crimson Tide Special Edition in Region 4. Here are links to two review for those interested
the same version is out on r2 as well. The only difference (that I can make out) regarding extras that were'nt on the great THX LD is that there are a few deleted scenes, the making of and trailer that were on the LD are on this too, Nice but not much of a SpEd though.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
heres my review thread for the r2 and i've included pics of the disc artwork/packaging for the Belgium 3 disc version, so at least you know what your getting on the r1 3 disc.
Declan your link for the review doesn't work!! (or is it me? well it is me: a copy paste works direct klick doesn't)

HTH

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Hi guys.
Having just seen the region 2 "black hawk down se" in my local store. I was wondering when the region 1 version will be available.
michael.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I am curious too. This was one of those movies I was on the fence about buying when it was first announced. Then I heard that an SE was on it's way, so I held off on buying (or even seeing) the original. I'm getting antsy and am wondering if I should just rent it or wait for the SE comes out.

Eric Bass

Second Unit
I've heard rumors this was supposed to arrive Q1 2k3 and that it is going to be a Criterion. Does anyone have any facts concerning this release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks