Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Monster Inc. - anyone get satisfaction yet from Disney regarding defective disc

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Henry Woo

Henry Woo

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted November 26 2002 - 04:31 AM

Just wondering if anyone has received satisfaction from Disney yet regarding the defective Monster Inc. disc; defective meaning the freezing of the disc/movie right before the end of the movie. I know this error happened predominately on Pioneer dvd players though I have read reports that the same error happened on other brands. It has been a while now and I am just wondering if Disney came out with a solution. Or is Disney just hoping that people would just forget about it. I can understand them not wanting to admit the problem and incur the additional costs of fixing such a big seller. However I am hoping that they will just do the right thing and reissue replacements. Disney did this with problems around the "Atlantis" dvd release.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steven_J_H

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted November 27 2002 - 12:41 AM

I haven't heard anything yet. Posted Image

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,101 posts

Posted November 27 2002 - 06:48 AM

Won't be buying any of the Disney Treasures (or any other titles from this company) til I get a Monsters Inc disc that plays on my player without stopping!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted November 27 2002 - 07:12 AM

It works fine on my DVD player...looks like it may be DVD player issues. Try getting some firmware.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,793 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted November 27 2002 - 09:06 AM

One of the few recent DVD's that plays flawlessly on my player. I don't even notice a layer change. Discs that cause my player to completely lock up, usually at the layer change. Lord of the Rings, Theatrical Version. Harry Potter and the Sorecerer's Stone. Mission Impossible II. Rocky & Bullwinkle. Several other's pause at the layer change longer than they should. I'm suprised that some of the more Recent Dics like B&tB Monster's Inc., Star Wars, and E.T. play flawlessly on my machine. The mastering process must be getting better. I so want a new/better player, because mine seems to lock up on everything but those few.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users