What's new

Lilo & Stitch - Any word on a special edition release? (1 Viewer)

Henry Woo

Agent
With the release of the 1 disc Lilo & Stitch being only a week away, has anyone heard definitively whether there is to be a 2 disc special edition release of the movie for next year? You would think Disney would had let people know before December 3rd to avoid accusations of double-dipping. I can understand them wanting to get the bare bones release out before Christmas and to spend more time to prepare the special edition. I had heard also that the film's directors had already done audio commentaries for the film.

I mean if they give the 2 disc special edition treatment to the "Emperor New Groove" and "Atlantis" (though I think Atlantis was vastly underrated), why not to "Lilo & Stitch" since the film did so well at the box office?

Any info would be appreciated.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile in their review of L&S stated that the 2-disc edition is on the way. Don't know what their source is, but I'd love for that to be true, as I'm holding out on the 12/03 release.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yes, I suppose I can always buy the 1-disc later if the SE never comes. But it is annoying that we don't know IF one is coming yet.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Just buy the 1-disc now and sell it when (IF) the 2-disc comes out... that is what I am doing :D

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Like Ron I plan on buying the 1-disc set and trading it in if a 2-disc set arrives. I have a feeling that the 2-disc set might be a little ways off since we haven't really heard to much about it yet.

Chris S.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Well it seems that if Disney is releasing a direct to video sequel in summer of 2003, I would suspect that they would release at the same time the SE of the original film. Great cross promotion...and we know Disney is all about promotion...

If this is true...at the most...maybe a six to eight month wait....damn that is forever...

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I was planning to hold out for a SE , but after Reading Ron's Review on the 1 disc version, he convinced me to buy.
So much for holding out ;) Curses at Ron's review:D

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I'm lso gonna wait for the SE, or at least that's what I'm hoping for.I guess the reason why there's only one disc now has to do with the release date. Usually Disney would have brought out the DVD next year (that's what they did with their other summer releases) AFAIK it is a first that they are available b4 christmas. So maybe they just didn't have enopugh time to make a SE. but knwing disney it will certainly come.
HTH

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Anyone remember when we all thought Pocahontas
was going to get a SE, or at least a new transfer???
hmmmmmmm.
(Granted, we have, I think, more than a few murmurs about
a SE for Lilo & Stitch, but my "out" is
that I have relatives
who couldn't really care less about extras, and so I can
pass along the 1 disc DVD should the 2 disc set arrive.)
Mark

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Whenever I upgrade to a special edition I usually just pass along the non-SE to a family member. Sometime I even think they don't buy certain titles because they know I will probably just give it to them. :D
Chris S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks