Please let this be in 16:9.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Wow, never thought I'd like the cel shading but I do. I care much more for the gameplay than I do the visuals!

Thanks for the link Matt!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I'd be more concerned with Zelda turning out like Starfox Adventures, rather than not having 16:9 support. Of course I only have a 4:3 TV, so 16:9 support isn't that important to me.

As long as it's the same quality as Metroid or better, I'll be a happy camper.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
As much as I would like to see 16:9 support, I doubt we will. Nintendo's first-party games never seem to support that feature, much to my disappointment. That means I'll probably have to settle for the standard 4:3 mode on my TV. Everyone else can stretch it. ;)
As for the videos, I don't think I will watch them. I don't want to spoil myself on this game by seeing too much. Being completely in the dark about a game has made Metroid Prime so much better. The same goes for Eternal Darkness, which I would rank just behind Metroid as the best game of the year.
I'd be more concerned with Zelda turning out like Starfox Adventures...
Fear not, for I do believe this game will surpass StarFox in every regard in terms of gameplay. Let me ask you this: How many bad Zelda games have you played, not counting the crappy Phillips 3D0 ones?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'm not all that excited about this one, the only way I'll buy it on release day is if they include the extra games that come with the jap version.

Supposedly this one plays just like TOOT, which is far from my favorite Zelda. I also don't find the art design appealing at all. Cel shading is fine and I like JGR/JSRF and Wild Arms 3....but I can't stand the character designs. How intimidating can the forces of evil be if a kid in diapers is going to stop them? Then....is the world really worth saving if the adults are such sissies that a 3 year old with a slingshot is showing them up?

100% opinion of course.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Zelda 2.
I didn't enjoy that one in the least. :)
And I've never played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (I never owned an N64).
But I have enjoyed the GB Zelda games. And the SNES Zelda as well.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The same goes for Eternal Darkness, which I would rank just behind Metroid as the best game of the year
Amen to that! I'm probably the only person that agrees with you. Two groundbreaking games that take old concepts, spin them around, and turn them into masterpieces in one year is truly a feat!

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to Zelda. I just hope we've only seen a very small part of it.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
D'oh! I knew I would get the name of that Phillips system wrong! I couldn't remember what it was and finally settled on on the 3D0. Oh well, I suspect few will find any reason for outrage over that mistake.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to get a little more used to the cel-shading, and although it's not the way I would have designed it, I'm still looking forward to seing how it plays. Unless I see an absolutely horrible review or two of it, I'll be buying this one as soon as I can get my hands on it (especially if it has the extra disc). Otherwise, might have to rent first. I'm a little worried that the difficulty of the game might drop with the style change...

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I can't find them now, but there were pics from the Ocarina of Time on the gamecube, and they looked very good. Much more along the lines of the battle between Link and Ganondorf.
And about the cel-shading, I didn't like it much either in teh beginning, but once I saw the game in action I realized how truly amazing the game looks. In some aspects, the visuals are far better than if they had done it as was illustrated in the battle betweem Link and Ganondorf. There is so much more potential when using cel-shading. The amount of facial expressions, that wouldn't really be possible in any other format, is staggering. Now, I can't imagine the new Zelda in anything other than cel-shading. Even the gameplay looks amazing. Just watching the battle footage, you can realize how truly innovative some of the ideas are. This game could quite possible be my most anticipated game ever, and that's just about all I have to say about that.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Considering that GameRankings.com lists Ocarina of Time as the highest rated game of every game on the site (with a 98%), this new one has some big shoes to fill.

But we all know Miyamoto's feet are gigantic.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Tell the truth, I can't seem to get excited about this one. The loonie toons flavor leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Am I going to give it a chance? You bet! But right now I'd be WAY more excited if they went the top down view like link to the past instead of what its turning out to be now. I was a little disappointed with the both Zeldas on the N64 too though. I guess the Zelda games are just going a different direction than my tastes.

Am I the only one starting to get sick of constantly fighting with a camera so I can see what the hell I'm doing in a game?

Dean

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
say what you may, but this game looks bloody incredible. I honestly don't know who could watch any of the zelda movies and not be excited.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But right now I'd be WAY more excited if they went the top down view like link to the past instead of what its turning out to be now. I was a little disappointed with the both Zeldas on the N64 too though. I guess the Zelda games are just going a different direction than my tastes
I see what you're saying, and that's why I'm happy they have the GBA. They can use it to make more 2-D Zeldas if they wish. But would you really want to get the same style of game for sequel after sequel? They can only do so much with a certain style before they have to recycle ideas or make minor adjustments to them. Many people complain that Super Mario Sunshine was only an evolution of Super Mario 64, not the evolution that Super Mario 64 was from Super Mario World. The same thing would happen if every Zelda game was done in the same style.

I prefer that they make games going in both directions or combine them together, like Contra: Shattered Soldier did.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Dean;

If you haven't already, get a GameBoy Advance and buy yourself a copy of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. If you love the classic overhead angle of the older Zelda games, these two should more than satisfy you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks