What's new

Any HTF members in the _FotR_:EE fan club credits? (1 Viewer)

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
(Admins: please feel free to move this thread if it'd be more appropriate in the Polls section.)
I've been poking through the fan-club credits at the end of the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring, just wondering if I'd recognise any familiar names from the HTF. (Well, besides my own... :))
There are a few recogniseable names: Peter Jackson is there, and most of the actors who portrayed the Fellowship, along with Colleen A Benn (the head of Universal's DVD department) and Abraham Benrubi (Jerry from "ER," or Kube from "Parker Lewis Can't Lose")... but so far I haven't picked up on anyone from around these parts.
So I'm wondering which other HTF members appear on the extended credit crawl.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
When I watched the extended edition the first time, I stepped away while the credits ran. Everytime I walked back in, the credits were still going. I thought maybe my disc was scratched and the credits were replaying.

How long does the fan crawl run for?

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Almost exactly 20 minutes. And it's accompanied by 20 minutes of music. Most of it sounds like various cues from the actual film score rather than what's on the soundtrack CD, except for the last part which sounds like an outtake or an early version of "Breaking of the Fellowship", with mostly the same arrangements but the melodies aren't quite there yet.

Most importantly, it sounds wonderful in 5.1/6.1. I've burned a CD of it to listen in my car.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Okay I've got to know. What did you do to get included on the credits?

Chris S.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Give foot massages to the Hobbits?
Ewww... nah, that wasn't it.
One of the bennies for signing up as a Charter Member of the Lord Of The Rings Fan Club was getting your name on the DVD. If you joined for one year, you got on FotR. Two years also got you on TTT. And (of course) signing up for three years gets your name on all three DVDs.
I've never joined one of these things before, but I'm such a LotR whore I couldn't resist. It was actually kind of exciting waiting for my name to show up (and hoping it was spelled right). ;)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Does this mean that about 12-15 minutes worth of the new running length is nothing more than expanded end-credits ?

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Does this mean that about 12-15 minutes worth of the new running length is nothing more than expanded end-credits ?
The fan-club credits run for about 20 minutes, but this expanded crawl is in addition to the approximately 30 minutes of new material cut into the body of the film. The promised extra half-hour of story is all there.

GregBoehme

Agent
I played the credits to listen to the music and casually scanned the names (no i'm not in them) but saw quite a few people are a bit too involved in Middle Earth as they apparently used thier elf/hobbit/orc identities... even saw an Eowyn and an Arwyn... which was also interesting to see that it was fairly even between male and females, would have thought it would have been more biased towards male as the fantasy genere stereotype...

Greg

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am guilty as charged. I also signed up for the Fan Club thing, but my name on three DVD's is just a simple bennie. No big deal. I was NOT surprised at the gender breakdown at all. Just like the theater opening night!

Take care,
Chuck

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
quite a few people are a bit too involved in Middle Earth as they apparently used thier elf/hobbit/orc identities... even saw an Eowyn and an Arwyn...
Don't jump to conclusions. Those could be their given names. I went to high school with an Arwen, and my girlfriend has a friend named Eowyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks