Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Forget MIB II, Check Out The Chubb Chubbs!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Lee

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor

• 652 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 03:06 PM

Having missed Men In Black II in its theatrical run, I looked forward to the DVD release..despite its tepid reviews. I thought the audio was superb...good low extension and immersive surround action. Video was sharp but I saw some EE-although not enough to distract. While the movie was not bad, in my opinion, there is a diamond in the rough here.

Under Frank's Favorites, there is a 5 minute short called The Chubb Chubbs that apparently was played before MIBII in the theaters. It is a very clever animated short featuring a good number of "cameos". It is anamorphic, 5.1, sharp and colorful stuff. Don't let this short slip underneath your radar. I think it is the best part of the disc. I have shown it to a number of friends and they enjoyed it immensely.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 03:35 PM

I just picked this up. I loved the original and I expect I will like this one (even though it was sight unseen).
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Clinton C

Clinton C

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:13 PM

that cartoon was definately great, and I was hoping it would be on the DVD. I might buy this DVD afterall. it was definately better than the movie in my opinion. Hopefully, it will be one of those movies that will grow on me.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jedrek

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:21 PM

I plan on picking up MIIB and Ice Age on Tuesday - I hope I have enough money for both. Posted Image
My Ever Growing DVD Collection
**My New Home Theater//UNDER CONSTRUCTION**

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   aaron campbell

aaron campbell

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted November 26 2002 - 01:18 PM

Don't waste your money on a purchase. Worse $14.68 Iv'e ever spent.Posted Image What a stinker.Posted Image

Aaron

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 07:57 AM

So, anyone find Chubb Cubbs on DVD yet? DavisDVD lists it as a release today yet I cannot find it anywhere.

Peace Out~Posted Image
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!