What's new

New Phish Album (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Who else, besides me, is really looking forward to Phish's next album? I saw Trey Anastasio November 1 in Atlanta and he was amazing. Round Room is what its being titled. I've only heard one song off of it, Pebbles and Marbles, and that was one of the best phish songs period.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey van -

my old roomate was a pretty big phish fan. i would often hear him play stuff. some of it i was like "whoa...this is awesome." other stuff i was like, "wtf?"

so, i wouldn't mind revisiting their stuff. if you were trying to "ease" someone into phish what would you recommend?

do they have a best-of or anything like that?

thx,

ted

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Somewhat like the Dead, Phish is a different beast live than in the studio.

Studiowise, Hoist is a great album to start off with. Farmhouse, which isn't a favorite among some fans, is fantastic, in my book.

For live stuff, you can start with A Live One (2 discs) or Slip, Stitch and Pass. Both give an adequate example of what their live shows are like, even though both are compilations.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think i agree that the live stuff i've heard seemed cooler. they definitely seemed to have a better dynamic.

i think i'll check out "a live one"...

thx greg!

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
Van, I was at that Atlanta show too! It was great to hear 'Magilla' with those 5 horns.

I always look forward to a new Phish album and will now scour the net for that song you mentioned. Any advice?

Anyone going to the New Year's or Hampton shows?

Van Patton

Second Unit
Go to Kazaa and type in Pebbles and Marbles...it'll say it's by Trey but oh well. Also type in "Nothing But an E Thing." Thats the same song with no vocals.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Trey's new solo in DVD-A a few weeks ago. Fun listening to say the least.

I've heard the new album only took 12 hours to record.....dunno, that's not a lot of time to work the material.

Sally F

Auditioning
As I have been mentioning in the other Phish related thread, Junta is my favorite albumn -- they are all so excellent though. :emoji_thumbsup:
I have attended many a Phish show back before they officially released any CD's (it's great to have followed them from so long ago), they are the best... they have such fun and crazy innovative lyrics and the tunes are muscially incredible.
They are one of the few bands that is actually better when hearing them live and are in a music genre of their own ! There shows are the best I have ever been too -- especially the outside venues !
Phish is a different beast live than in the studio
'nuff said with that quote !
Can't wait to pick up Vol#14 next !
I'd rather be Phishing ! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks