Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New Phish Album

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Van Patton

Van Patton

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 04:11 AM

Who else, besides me, is really looking forward to Phish's next album? I saw Trey Anastasio November 1 in Atlanta and he was amazing. Round Room is what its being titled. I've only heard one song off of it, Pebbles and Marbles, and that was one of the best phish songs period.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 07:37 AM

hey van - my old roomate was a pretty big phish fan. i would often hear him play stuff. some of it i was like "whoa...this is awesome." other stuff i was like, "wtf?" so, i wouldn't mind revisiting their stuff. if you were trying to "ease" someone into phish what would you recommend? do they have a best-of or anything like that? thx, ted

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_Y

Greg_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,479 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 10:00 AM

Somewhat like the Dead, Phish is a different beast live than in the studio. Studiowise, Hoist is a great album to start off with. Farmhouse, which isn't a favorite among some fans, is fantastic, in my book. For live stuff, you can start with A Live One (2 discs) or Slip, Stitch and Pass. Both give an adequate example of what their live shows are like, even though both are compilations.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 10:27 AM

i think i agree that the live stuff i've heard seemed cooler. they definitely seemed to have a better dynamic. i think i'll check out "a live one"... thx greg!

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   AndrewD

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 10:49 AM

Van, I was at that Atlanta show too! It was great to hear 'Magilla' with those 5 horns. I always look forward to a new Phish album and will now scour the net for that song you mentioned. Any advice? Anyone going to the New Year's or Hampton shows?

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Van Patton

Van Patton

Second Unit

• 459 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 03:10 AM

Go to Kazaa and type in Pebbles and Marbles...it'll say it's by Trey but oh well. Also type in "Nothing But an E Thing." Thats the same song with no vocals.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 03:42 AM

The only thing about Phish which I know is the saying: "Great band; pity about the fans!".

Posted Image

Martin.
Hopelessly out of date DVD Collection Listing

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   ChrisP

ChrisP

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 03:43 AM

You can also download a really good quality MP3 of Pebbles and Marbles off Trey Anastasio's solo band website in the Audio/Video section. I'm looking forward to hearing Phish play it.. It's much more a Phish sounding song than a Trey Band song.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:32 AM

[quote] I saw Trey Anastasio November 1 in Atlanta [quote]

I can't believe I missed this! damn

I thought his solo album was superb.

Definitely post a review on the new Phish album when you get it.

Thanks!
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   John Wes

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted November 24 2002 - 03:34 AM

I picked up Trey's new solo in DVD-A a few weeks ago. Fun listening to say the least. I've heard the new album only took 12 hours to record.....dunno, that's not a lot of time to work the material.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Sally F

Sally F

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted November 24 2002 - 03:55 AM

As I have been mentioning in the other Phish related thread, Junta is my favorite albumn -- they are all so excellent though. Posted Image

I have attended many a Phish show back before they officially released any CD's (it's great to have followed them from so long ago), they are the best... they have such fun and crazy innovative lyrics and the tunes are muscially incredible.

They are one of the few bands that is actually better when hearing them live and are in a music genre of their own ! There shows are the best I have ever been too -- especially the outside venues !

[quote] Phish is a different beast live than in the studio [quote] 'nuff said with that quote !

Can't wait to pick up Vol#14 next !

I'd rather be Phishing ! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users