-

Photo

Klipsch vs Rockets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ToddJoseph

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted November 20 2002 - 12:28 AM

Im a Klipsch owner and love my RF3's..Was curious if anyone has compared the Klipsch line with the Rockets...

#2 of 5 Chris Tabor

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted November 20 2002 - 09:37 AM

If you love the klipsch then you'd probably be disappointed with the sound of the rockets.

#3 of 5 Dan Hine

Dan Hine

Screenwriter

• 1,314 posts

Posted November 20 2002 - 10:37 AM

Todd,

What else did you audition before you decided on Klipsch? It is possible that you love them without knowing what you really prefer. But if you did a decent amount of listening before buying then I agree with Chris. The Rockets should have a very different sound...though I wouldn't go so far as to say you'd be disappointed in them. Check out www.audioenvy.com and see if anyone in your area has some for you to listen to.

Regards,

DH
I strive to be the man my dog thinks I am.

#4 of 5 PomingF

PomingF

Second Unit

• 343 posts

Posted November 20 2002 - 11:56 AM

Go to HTT and check out Max's impression on the Rockets.

PF

#5 of 5 Henry_W

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted November 21 2002 - 12:10 AM

I agree with Dan. If you have auditioned quite a bit and are a Klipsch fan you will probably always prefer the horn sound. I moved through several speakers over the years and while I found designs such as the rockets very nice, I always returned to horns.

To each his own in this stuff, but if your auditioning has been limited you owe it to yourself to listen to lots and to become bitterly addicted like the rest of us...