What's new

Law & Order season 2 dvd...When? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just curious if anyone knows when or if the second season of this show is coming to dvd? Also, has anyone heard anything regarding the other tv shows(Sliders,Quantum Leap,etc.) Universal annouced are coming?

Thanks!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The ad for a rebate if you buy both said "Spring 2003". If I had to guess, I'd say Universal releases them at 6-month intervals, so sometime around April.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Todd, I'm literally checking Universal's press materials every single day for word on this stuff. Nothing yet; sorry!
The only new thing was listed today...something FullFrame called "Chilly Dogs", available 2/4 on DVD and VHS. I don't have a clue what this is...it's not even in the IMDB! :eek:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Probably some direct-to-video kiddee title

Given that Universal hasn't even announced their other Season 1s officially, and how slowly they move and react to things I'm going to guess that there won't be any word this year

Joseph_mx

Stunt Coordinator
news about the Second Year of Law & order ? there is a SAVE $10 certificate on Law & Order:The second year coming in Spring 2003 inside the First year Boxset.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, well Universal has got a slate up through August, and it's nowhere to be found

Makes me happy that most of the shows I want from Universal are single season

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Where is this? I'm ready for more of this great series! Seasons two through five are sold, if the kind folks at Universal would simply release them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Universal pretty much has all their season sets of TV shows on hold for now, so any plans they may used to have that prompted them to put a "Spring 2003" card in the S1 set are now changed, or just plain cancelled.

Sorry. Your upcoming Universal TV-on-DVD slate looks like this:

06/03 - Incredible Hulk Premiere Episode (w/bonus ep "Married")
06/03 - Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Premiere Episode (w/bonus: pilot for L&O)
06/03 - Law & Order: Criminal Intent Premiere Episode (w/bonus: pilot for L&O)
06/24 - Blind Date: The Ultimate Uncensored 3-Pack

...and, well, that's about it for now through August, at least so far. After the dust settles with the financial difficulties they and current owner Vivendi have, things will probably firm back up again.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The only good thing is that Battlestar Galactica may still be on, as it's part of their fall cross promotion for the new miniseries along with the video game

Jerome

Second Unit
A video Game of Battlestar Galactica, Where ? When ?

Do you know a website with some screen captures ?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The only good thing is that Battlestar Galactica may still be on, as it's part of their fall cross promotion for the new miniseries along with the video game
My fear, Jeff, is that it will be converted to "best of" releases like Hulk and Law & Order, instead of the season sets that were announced last year. Frankly, I'm nervous!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jerome: check gamespot.com

Dave, the season sets are done, and have been for a year, so hypothetically we should be good to go

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
For those who don't know, the series was all set to come out in Australia last June, and I called Universal to say "Hey, are we getting this too?" They said "What Galactica set?" and then silence, until 2 weeks before the Aussie set was to ship it was cancelled so that Universal proper could do a worldwide release (and supposedly more extras) this year.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Well, this is interesting. Law and Order: The First Year has been announced for R2 on 16 June with identical packaging to the R1 release (bar the certificate rating on the cover). Now I cannot imagine that this has been sub-licensed from Universal and I find it hard to believe that Universal would be "testing the waters" in the UK, so does this mean that more year sets are forthcoming?

Surely someone must have contacts they can pose the question to here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks