What's new

*** Official Splinter Cell (X-Box) Review & Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Still got a month left on my insider account so your lucky:D
Presentation
The Tom Clancy realism, great voice acting and well integrated storyline will convince you that Jack Ryan's got nothing on Sam Fisher 9.0
Graphics
Revolutionary. Splinter Cell has raised our expectations for what kind of lighting and animation can be done on Xbox 10.0
Sound
Exeptional score and the sophisticated application of sound and music to gameplay are all kicked out in glorious 5.1. 10.0
Gameplay
The definition of stealth-action.You get to do so much cool covert agent stuff in this game, enemies of the state shouldn't be allowed to play it. 10.0
Lasting Appeal
Can be played multiple times with varying degrees of aggression, so it has lots of legs for a solo-only game. 8.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.6

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well that's a most impressive score, be interesting to see how Gamespot rates this too.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Damn! I thought this was going to be multiplayer? That's what I get for assuming. Not sure if I'll get it now. I was mainly interested in the multiplayer aspect.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Will members ever note to please NOT post full articles under copyright of another website on the HTF?
-- Administrator

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
For those who want it here is the entire review from IGN...
IGN do NOT like people reposting their locked reviews. That's a big no-no, Michael, that could get the HTF owners in trouble. I'd delete the content of that post rightaway if I was you.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Ubisoft have always been clear that this is squarely a single player game, Dave. I think it's all the better for it.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Micheal,

DON'T do that again. In future, a quote from the review and a link to the full article...

Dan

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I dont know if its been mentioned somewhere already but gamespot gave it an 8.6. I guess they didn't like it as much. Their review isn't locked so go have a look.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Interesting, the Gamespot reviewer seemed to complain a lot about the difficulty in the review rather than any major flaws. This should be good flamewar material (and already is from reading a couple of other forums :)) in the making! I won't be picking this up right away in any case, too many games to play!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
So Splinter Cell gets an 8.6, but MGS : Substance gets an 8.7?

As if Gamespots review credibility was already in question...

Damien

Supporting Actor
i really thought this would be the next halo...instead it scores right in the mgs2/hitman 2 area....hmmm...

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
This didn't have "break-out smash" written on it for me, and I'm not surprised to see it score below MGS2. However, keep in mind that the same website also gave a mediocre score to Super Mario Sunshine as well.

With Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, and Ghost Recon all getting very good/great reviews, there isn't a shortage of good X-box titles this month -- just a slight void for a killer single player experience.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I dont htink they felt too generous:
Nope and I honestly dont care. They could have scored the game a 5.0 and I would have bought it off of the demo alone.

By the way if anyone is interested rumored EMG scores for a few games this month:

Splinter Cell: 9.5 9.0 9.5

MechAssault: 9.0 9.0 9.0

Steel Battalion: 10 9.0 9.5

Metroid Prime(Game of the month) 10 10 10

(Found on the gamers.com forum and the person in question included large exceprts from the reviews so they do look to be real. Nonethless the possibility that it may not be real is still there so take it with a grain of salt until the mag hits stands.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks